Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Motocyclist in lucky escape!

• 28-01-2013 6:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭

Seen this on Sky News. Lucky lad! :eek:

A motorcycle rider has had a lucky escape while waiting at a pedestrian crossing in eastern China.
    The accident happened in the city of Linhai, in Zhejiang Province, as the truck driver was travelling to the city of Ningbo.
    The truck rolled over when the driver was making a turn at a junction, nearly crushing the motorcyclist.
    Nobody was killed or injured in the accident.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

He had a part to play himself, look at where he's stopped! If he stopped at the white line he wouldn't of had to back up to save his ass!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

I know I'd be dead anyway after that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Only for the camera, he could have said the car pulled out in to his path....luckily he was wearing ATGATT.......:p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Now this is a NEAR MISS and CHEATING DEATH.....52 seconds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

^^^^^^^^
    Holy sh*t!:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,307 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Jasus, that was close! Imagine being on a heavy bike on a slight downslope and that happened.
    Faith+1 wrote: »
    He had a part to play himself, look at where he's stopped! If he stopped at the white line he wouldn't of had to back up to save his ass!
    The angle he's at it looks like he filtered past the cars and pulled in front of them, that's normal when driving in traffic. I hate when people stop alongside the first car, especially when there's a kerb so you can't get past!

paddy147 wrote: »
    Now this is a NEAR MISS and CHEATING DEATH.....52 seconds.

Fcuk me....i had to watch it again as i blinked at "the moment".........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Cienciano wrote: »

The angle he's at it looks like he filtered past the cars and pulled in front of them, that's normal when driving in traffic. I hate when people stop alongside the first car, especially when there's a kerb so you can't get past!

The reason why people stop beside the 1st car is because it's illegal to enter a junction on red and the 1st car usually stops at the line. When you cross the line you are blocking pedestrians from crossing the road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

Only for the camera, he could have said the car pulled out in to his path....luckily he was wearing ATGATT.......:p

ATGATT? Take another look. Looks like t-shirt, jeans, shoes to me. Very lucky indeed. The rucksac must have helped. (Was the handbrake off in the car , I wonder)

ATGATT? Take another look. Looks like t-shirt, jeans, shoes to me. Very lucky indeed. The rucksac must have helped. (Was the handbrake off in the car , I wonder)

Ehhhh..:rolleyes:.....thanx for pointing that out....:p

• Advertisement

Del2005 wrote: »
    The reason why people stop beside the 1st car is because it's illegal to enter a junction on red and the 1st car usually stops at the line. When you cross the line you are blocking pedestrians from crossing the road.

Almost all junctions there's plenty of room, the stop line is back a bit and an area for cyclists is there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

+1

I can't stand the idiots who won't filter properly and block my way.

I find couriers are the best of leaving a gap.

When I come across someone who stops level with the first car I usually blip the trottle and give him a nod in the mirror to move up or over.

Fcuk me....i had to watch it again as i blinked at "the moment".........

If you listen,you can hear the flipping/airborne bike pass his so close to his head,or else it brushes off him.

You can just head a little thud noise at that precise moment.

How the **** he kept his composure to race on at speed is beyond me.:eek::D

I would have sh1t my pants and my race suit from that.

+1

I can't stand the idiots who won't filter properly and block my way.

I find couriers are the best of leaving a gap.

When I come across someone who stops level with the first car I usually blip the trottle and give him a nod in the mirror to move up or over.

Couriers are good at it alright, even if they are slightly blocking the way they'll see you in the mirror and move forward to make sure there's room.

Couriers are good at it alright, even if they are slightly blocking the way they'll see you in the mirror and move forward to make sure there's room.

Courrier bikes have mirrors???

Some absolute shocking shytebag bikes out there in Dublin City at the moment.:mad:

Gardai should have them off the road,for being in such a bad state of condition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

paddy147 wrote: »
    Courrier bikes have mirrors???

Some absolute shocking shytebag bikes out there in Dublin City at the moment.:mad:

Gardai should have them off the road,for being in such a bad state of condition.

You should have seen it when there was hundreds of CG, DT's, AR's etc held together with bungee cord and duct tape flying about the place :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Almost all junctions there's plenty of room, the stop line is back a bit and an area for cyclists is there.

No harm in going to the ASL for bikes, but I know people who've been done for having their front wheel over the line.

It's hardly as if your going to be stuck behind them for more than a few seconds once the lights go green. We can't be giving out about other road users ignoring the ROTR and break them ourselves.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I'd still be very surprised if he hadn't broken something. He wasn't really making any progress getting back on his feet. Lucky guy all the same.

Del2005 wrote: »
    No harm in going to the ASL for bikes, but I know people who've been done for having their front wheel over the line.

It's hardly as if your going to be stuck behind them for more than a few seconds once the lights go green. We can't be giving out about other road users ignoring the ROTR and break them ourselves.
    I've heard of people being done for driving up past cars when there's one lane and they've crossed the solid white line, but not for being across the stop line. But yeah, some bikes go way way past it, they're almost out on the junction and well across the pedesterian crossing.
    But as for ignoring the ROTR, if a garda followed me on my commute and gave me points for every broken rule, I'd probably lose my licence twice over in the 25 minute journey across town

You should have seen it when there was hundreds of CG, DT's, AR's etc held together with bungee cord and duct tape flying about the place :D

You knew me then...........surely you mean ,rope and sellotape..........:D

• Advertisement

You knew me then...........surely you mean ,rope and sellotape..........:D
    Top box secured with baling twine

Top box secured with baling twine

Top box....................i used to dream of havin a top box....:D

Advertisement