Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Douglas Planning Strategy. Public Exhibition Jan 29th - 30th

Options
  • 28-01-2013 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭

Douglas Land Use and Transportation Strategy (DLUTS)

3rd and Final Public Consultation Exhibition
    Venue: Rochestown Park Hotel
    Date 29th and 30th January 2013
    Time 4pm to 9pm

"Cork County Council is currently in the final stages of developing the Douglas Land Use and Transportation Strategy (DLUTS). The vision for the strategy is:
    To secure a successful vibrant urban centre with a more efficient transport network for Douglas that provides an improved public realm, reduces congestion, encourages greater levels of walking and cycling, and improves the quality of life for the community.

This is an important opportunity to inform yourself of the strategy proposals and also a final opportunity to influence the strategy."

Note the word "final".

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

Not sure I can make this, really hope they are not planning anything crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

"This is an important opportunity to inform yourself of the strategy proposals and also a final opportunity to influence the strategy. The main topics covered include:
    The Urban Design Strategy for Douglas;
    The Land Use Strategy for Douglas; and
    The Transport Strategy for Douglas.
    All the above covering the periods 2013 - 2022 and 2022 - 2032

The following will also be presented at the exhibition for your consideration:
    - Pedestrian and Cycle Plan for Douglas;
    - Public Transport Plan for Douglas;
    - Schools Plan for Douglas
    - Proposed Development Strategy for Douglas;
    - Benefits of the DLUTS Strategy; and
    - Next steps and timeline for finalisation of strategy."

The above is another cut and paste from the promotional pdf.
    Personally, I'm curious to know how all the extra traffic generated by a new supermarket and retail units on the site of the cinema is going to be accommodated.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Man they are going to ruin Douglas.. Why do they need a Pedestrian and Cycle Plan for Douglas, muppets.

they have already ruined the village by having the paid parking there and allowing those stupid clampers in there. muppets the lot of them.. i can just see this new cycle plan it will be as wonderfull as the one byt the new roundabout that cost millions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

Closing date for submissions is March 15th. Get your skates on if you want to make your views known!

The email and postal address for responses aren't too obvious. I found them in this document:
    Douglas Land Use & Transportation Strategy 3rd Exhib. Posters 1 to 10

The most prominent proposal is probably a new link from Grange Cross to Carraigaline Road (over the Mangala). That should help reduce traffic in Douglas West.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

Looks like the same architectural design as town. how boring.

I do like the plans for the cinema site though. Chances of it being done in the next decade? zero.

• Advertisement
Advertisement