Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disappointing Service

Options
  • 28-01-2013 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

I needed to lodge cash in a friends account. I didnt have a lodgement slip at home so I took note of the Sort code & Account No.  It was literally spilling rain.  I was just soaked.  Up to the teller.  Not another customer in the bank.  She handed me out a slip, saying you fill that in.  I looked at her & said" would you fill in the figures & I will sign it". My hands were nearly numb.  She said we are NOT ALLOWED DO THAT. How does a customer 80+ years conduct business.  Not to mention this new lodgement machine & the delay using it.  I have decided I am getting out my AIB swipe card & conduct my business through An Post.  What are we paying fees for.  They deducted fees a week age!!  Pity all those with Bank loans,  no mercy in Bank of Ireland.  I definately wont be requesting a loan from them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

Note: I don't work / have any relations who work in a bank but I do work for a software company and this "type" of compliant annoys me.

i) staff can't control the weather.... it rains when they go outside as well you know.

ii) Bank staff filling out the slips is leaving themselves open to all sorts of allegations. what happens if they made an error and the money went in to the wrong account... the person making the lodgement has to take responsibility for their data.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi hillbloom,

Thanks for taking the time to post.

We're sorry to hear you are unhappy with the service you received in the branch. What you were advised is correct. Staff members are not be permitted to fill in lodgement slips and we do ask that customers have them completed before approaching the cashiers to avoid delays.

Just to make you aware, cash lodgements made through our Lodgement ATMs during banking hours are available instantly. Cheques and drafts may take longer.

If you have any further queries, please feel free to ask.

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement