Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ping good until 6pm

Options
  • 28-01-2013 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭

I know there's a network form n all that, but I am just wondering how do I explain it Eircom that my ping up until 5:59pm is 35/50ms but like childrens story about the big bad wolf turning into Dorothy, at 6:01pm my ping goes to 120+ms is it something to do with the Brian Dobson on six-one-news ?

I just finished a round, it started at 530pm finished around 6:15 my ping went up 100ms. Now its bang on 129ms. There is no one at home, my wifi is off, it's just my PC on the network 0_o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

people getting home from work?

even though people aren't on your network they'll be on your line. How far away from the exchange are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

danniemcq wrote: »
    people getting home from work?

even though people aren't on your network they'll be on your line. How far away from the exchange are you?

150mts from the exchange, I used google maps lol it's a straight walk down from my house to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Chorcai wrote: »
    150mts from the exchange, I used google maps lol it's a straight walk down from my house to it.

http://www.reddit.com/r/talesfromtechsupport/comments/17d1dw/i_am_not_fixing_this/

might not be your exact problem but a story about something similar!

Advertisement