If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OH MY GOD IT'S BEAUTIFUL - THE MARANTZ CONSOLETTE iPOD DOCK

Options
  • 28-01-2013 7:45pm
    Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

Consolette_sw.png

Boardies - I saw this product last year at a Marantz launch and I completely fell in love with it and posted about it on Boards at the time in raptures..

Its quite simply the best ipod dock / Streamer there is...

When I saw it first it was predicted to launch at £999.95 and I still really wanted one - the retail has subsequently been reduced to £899.95 and until the end of March to celebrate Marantz's 60th Anniversary its (just) £699.95.. £639.95 / €789.99

L_MARANTZ_WHITE_FRONT_SIDE_ISO39.png
    I guess the most striking thing about it is the way it looks - it really is a top end quality piece of kit - The moment you see it, you know it is something special. The front panel and controls are fashioned from metal and the rear sculpted from genuine lacquered walnut wood. The retractable docking tray, Gyro control wheel and selection buttons are all engineered to feel solid and confident. While the elegant porthole and its iconic Marantz starburst confirm that you are in the presence of true craftsmanship - added to this - it's not an ordinary little Dock - it's a big piece of kit..

However the looks are not the most striking thing - actually the sound quality is even more striking!

With 150 watts of power it effortlessly creates a panoramic stereo image with a a rich and deep bass performance. And because the “reference quality” tuning is designed by the legendary Ken Ishiwata, every detail is reflected with pin-point accuracy. It gives you wireless audio streaming from any iOS device or iTunes library as well as Android devices and any other network stored media on your PC, Mac or NAS – either wirelessly or directly. It also gives you both a Line-In and a USB port too. A Premium remote controller is included, but already there is an App for the iDevices and Androids. verything is in place. Why wait a second more, the audiophile Dock is here and it goes by the name of Consolette.

L_MARANTZ_WHITE_BACK_ISO39.png

It comes in either white or black finish 

L_MARANTZ_WHITE_TOP_ISO39.png

But I think the white looks much more luxurious..
    L_MARANTZ_BLACK_FRONT_ISO39.png

It has built in internet radio, remote control and of course Wi-Fi is standard.

We have it available in stock and ready to ship ..

...I never thought I would say that £699.95 £639.95 was a good deal for an iPOD dock - but it's really great value at that price.

Have a look at the complete specs here:

http://www.marantz.co.uk/uk/Products/Pages/ProductDetails.aspx?CatId=SpeakerDocks&SubCatId=0&ProductId=Consolette

Keep us posted

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭ablelocks

bags the first one that goes on display/out of box/customer return/john's feeling exceptionally generous sale....

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

ablelocks wrote: »
    bags the first one that goes on display/out of box/customer return/john's feeling exceptionally generous sale....
    Ah so that's you I see directly behind me in the queue then....?

J

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Stunning looking piece of kit alright.
    Head-turning price too!

Stunning looking piece of kit alright.
    Head-turning price too!
    Buttersuki..

Mark my words...you will be trying to smuggle one of those upstairs to the attic one of these days I'll wager...

;)

It's R I G H T up your street in the design stakes - simply stunning!

John Mc

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I am actually "afraid" to see this in the flesh as I know I will want it........

So wrong. And yet, so right.....:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I am actually "afraid" to see this in the flesh as I know I will want it........

So wrong. And yet, so right.....
    I know EXACTLY what you mean ...

You can see one in my place V e rrry soon..

ATVB,

J

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.