Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iOS 6.1 out!

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

kceire wrote: »
    Meteor will refund all facetime activation texts opun request. Ive contacted them through twitter a few times, and each time the costs were credited to my account.

As will emobile, Ive had all mine refunded over last 18 months or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Baneblade

anyone had any issues with airplay? i heard something about it been removed so going to hold off on the update for a bit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Baneblade wrote: »
    anyone had any issues with airplay? i heard something about it been removed so going to hold off on the update for a bit

The only thing I had with AirPlay was that after the update it was turned off on my Apple TV 3. I had to turn it back on.

On my Apple TV 2 it was still on after the update.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Just noticed that they spread out the lock screen music player controls! Way overdue. I can't count the number of times I've accidentally pressed forward/skip instead of pause.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sedohre

Does anyone know of any issues with ios 6.1 on iphone 3gs?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,751 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Had to reconnect to the bluetooth in my car, thats the only negetive effect so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Vudgie

Did anyone have any issues with the App store after updating?

The 'Top Apps' button just led me to a page of random text/boxes etc. It seemed to correct itself after I rebooted but it was a concern.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Vudgie wrote: »
    Did anyone have any issues with the App store after updating?

The 'Top Apps' button just led me to a page of random text/boxes etc. It seemed to correct itself after I rebooted but it was a concern.
    yup, stuck telling me there were 3 updates to apps, never loading them so that i could update.

reboot and it was fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sedohre

I had to input the data network & mms settings then reboot to get the internet working again. (iphone 3gs with tesco mobile)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,751 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

sedohre wrote: »
    I had to input the data network & mms settings then reboot to get the internet working again. (iphone 3gs with tesco mobile)

I'd assume that's normal. We used to have to do that all the time too on meteor before they became official carriers.

Also had to input the code to make the voicemail button work and the length the phone would ring for ie. 30 seconds or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Andy Magic

Am I the only one who is having a bad experience with this update.. My battery has halved it's usual expectancy. I have an iPhone 5 also.

Anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Andy Magic wrote: »
    Am I the only one who is having a bad experience with this update.. My battery has halved it's usual expectancy. I have an iPhone 5 also.

Anyone?
    Have you tried restoring it in itunes

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I dont know if its related to the update, since I have updated i have noticed that it takes my phone (iPh5) longer than normal to connect to the data network. Reboots or switching on to airplane mode etc dont speed it up.

Anyone else encountering this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

jamesd wrote: »
    I'm still charging using a cable from dx on my iPhone 5 with no issues.

I concur.

No issues with mine.

faceman wrote: »
    I dont know if its related to the update, since I have updated i have noticed that it takes my phone (iPh5) longer than normal to connect to the data network. Reboots or switching on to airplane mode etc dont speed it up.

Anyone else encountering this?

No, no issues whatsoever. All working fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

Andy Magic wrote: »

Anyone?

My battery life seems to have improved somewhat after this update..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

No issue with battery either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Did some testing before and after update and seems a bit snappier to me. Could be all in my head though, but I usually am a freak about how quick safari etc. loads.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Andy Magic

guil wrote: »
    Have you tried restoring it in itunes

I'll try this tonight, although I'm starting to think as I'm teh only one it may be an app running somewhere that's draining it :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Having no issues with this update, or any others.

I wonder if people just blame updates all the time and it could be their own settings or apps draining battery etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Haven't really noticed any differences at all since the update. Battery and speed seems the same with the 5. iPad also no major differences. Wasn't really having many issues before the update though.

murpho999 wrote: »
    Having no issues with this update, or any others.

I wonder if people just blame updates all the time and it could be their own settings or apps draining battery etc.

I think is most cases you're right. Some apps, apart from running in the background, can even use up data/3G, even when you're connected to a wifi network.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭ringadingding

Had the 5 since first release, been swapped 3 times with apple, all for the wifi issues.

Its not really really bad, but it jams and freezes, especially with apps and it can be slow browsing with safari. It bugged me enough to change the phone as with 3g it was lightening fast, but I go through my router for a few things, wd live hub and apple tv etc.

Still having the same issues after the update, and spoke today to apple who were fair, and I must say, have been impeccible with their customer service, all 3 times they came within 24 hours with a new phone and allowed me to return the old phone when i'd transferred and deleted all data - delivered and collected by apple at their own charge. This time they agreed on a refund.

But honestly, I dont know if i want rid of the phone, or just put up with the wifi issues.
    I only changed the 3rd time as I scratched the back with a nasty drop and wanted to change before the 6.1 came out and they would be more picky with replacements, but it seems this issue is here to stay.

what other options are there for the money ? I dont like the s3, its too big for me.
    I think i'll just stay put....

Had the 5 since first release, been swapped 3 times with apple, all for the wifi issues.

Its not really really bad, but it jams and freezes, especially with apps and it can be slow browsing with safari. It bugged me enough to change the phone as with 3g it was lightening fast, but I go through my router for a few things, wd live hub.

Sounds very much like the problem is your router and not the iphone. Did you check it on another wifi?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭ringadingding

naasrd wrote: »
    Sounds very much like the problem is your router and not the iphone. Did you check it on another wifi?

Yeah, tried through the Neighbours on both sides routers and work etc.
    also, the ease in which apple made replacements available suggests I'm not the only one with issues like this.

The care supervisor even said so much when offering a refund.
    It was all done very calmly, no screaming or threats etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭bob11

There was a SW problem with IOS 6.1 on 4S handsets resulting in dropped calls etc ..

New IOS 6.1.1 was released to correct problems :

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Apple/iOS-6-1-update/td-p/1425278?dfacid=1&cid=aff-aw-default-78888&dfacid=1&cid=aff-aw-default-78888
    Re: iOS 6.1 update.Options
    Mark as NewBookmarkSubscribeHighlightPrintEmail to a FriendReport inappropriate content....Hi everyone,

Apple has released a new version of its iPhone software that fixes the 3G performance issues that have been affecting users of the iPhone 4s who had installed iOS 6.1.

Please download the latest version – iOS 6.1.1 – from Apple as soon as you can as this will deal with these issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Is 6.1.1 only for iphone 4s? If I update my ipad today will I end up on 6.1.1 and unable to jailbreak ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭stooge

Is 6.1.1 only for iphone 4s? If I update my ipad today will I end up on 6.1.1 and unable to jailbreak ?

I think the problem with 3G/wfi on 6.1.0 was specific to the 4S. However, the new 6.1.1 release seems to have the same exploits as the previous release which means the jailbreak should work:

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Download-Evasi0n-1-3-iOS-6-1-1-Jailbreak-328656.shtml

maybe check the evasi0n pages for more info

Advertisement