Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent Relief Without LL PPS

Options
  • 28-01-2013 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭

Been going about adding the rent relief of my last tenancy onto this years my paye but the aforementioned tenancy did not end on good terms.

Does anybody know if there is any other legitimate way for me to get a hold of it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

You don't need their RSI /PPSN number at all. It is helpful, absolutely. But if you can't get it, then give their name and the address you know them to be at. If not that, give the address of that rented property which they own.

Oh and I am sure that you have kept receipts or have bank statements of rent paid? Keep those, file them away as you are legally obliged to keep your paperwork in order when claiming rent relief or any such trust-based reliefs. They can and do check.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Yeah I've kept all receipts and statements etc...

Sorry if it wasn't clear, but on the paye anytime website where you can claim your balance sheet and personally ad your extras such as medical expenses, rent relief etc... it requested the landlords name, address and ppsn.

Did the ppsn not replace the rsi number a good while ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Possibly, online you might not be able to skip their PPSN number, but when i filled in the form and handed it into the revenue office, I never had their PPSN number on it. I did ask the revenue staff too and they said it wasn't needed if I did not know it.
    Write "unknown" in the box and just continue on.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Well, I rang them....fifteen bloody minutes on hold and the lady sorted it over the phone.

I checked the site again and it turns out the field didn't have an astrex beside it.
    Face palm.
    Thanks for the replies.

Advertisement