Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Premier Pro 2.0 issue with importing .mov

Options
  • 28-01-2013 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I am using Premier pro 2.0.
    I'm able to import .avi files but not able to import .mov files.
    Application reads “file format not supported”
    Rather than risk degrading video by converting .mov to .avi is there a way I can import and edit .mov?
    Thoughts welcome

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

is it CS2 ? i dont know if it supports .move files or not - it's pretty old now! you could try installing Quicktime on your computer and see if the codec that gets installed with it will allow Premier to use it.
    I dont think you would lose any quality by converting to AVI or any other container really.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭mrtom

Thanks for your reply.
    Re converting the .mov to .avi, I have chosen WinFF as a converter. The results are impressive using 2 pass.
    However this app allows one to enter “Video bit rate”.
    And this is where I am unclear. My .mov file properties shows a “data rate (12432kbps) & “Total bitrate (12561kbps). Which value should I enter in WinFF? This as you may gather is about preserving the quality of my .mov original file.
    Your thoughts...

Advertisement