Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

roof/chimney repair in cork- RECOMMEND SOMEONE

Options
  • 28-01-2013 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭

hi,

we have a leak in our roof- i have went in the attic and seen it appears to come from where the chimney joins the roof.

The leak is falling on the bedroom ceiling and has caused a crack and dampness on the walls:(

I would like to get it fixed as soon as possible before it gets worse, but don't know any builders/someone who does roof repairs.

They're appear to be a lot in done deal but could anyone recommend someone please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭on_the_nickel

I'm in the same situation, though not quite as urgent as yours.

I'll PM you a guy NOT to use. I got burned by him a few months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭john_doe.

Thanks for that, I got one other recommendation. Seems difficult to find info on this

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

I wish yed pass the info onto out landlord, his such a pleb.He admits there is a leak in the roof, but says it is the chinmeys leaking. And also that there is no damp, just a leak what a muppets

• Registered Users Posts: 33 evilmouse

On the Nickel,

could you PM the name of the guy to stay away from?

Need flashing repaired on a chimney and flue liner installed in another chimney....so any recommendations from people would be very welcome; just PM me, that would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Jonathan222

evilmouse wrote: »
    On the Nickel,

could you PM the name of the guy to stay away from?

Need flashing repaired on a chimney and flue liner installed in another chimney....so any recommendations from people would be very welcome; just PM me, that would be great.

Did you ever get a guy to fix this? Have the same issue myself and would appreciate a number, if it worked out?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭MintyMagnum

If anyone has any recommendations can you let me know please. And who to definitely avoid!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

I got a flyer in the door for a company called A1 Solid roofing &guttering.

Anyone come across them before ?

Advertisement