Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

my eletric usage. what should I do

Options
  • 28-01-2013 8:50pm
    Site Banned Posts: 33

I havent really been living in my main home this last year and I now have an electric bill of a few hundred euro. Ive been keep forgetting to pay the bill but will be getting around to paying it asap before im cut off.

The reason for this thread is that im wanting to find out is there any providers out there who just charge me for my usage becase every quater im getting billed for 30 odd euro (if I remember correctly) plus what ever usage I use. All that is on is a fridge and prop taking a few showers here.

I dont really want to disconnect the house as I dont really know where ill be from one week to the next and could end up back in the housr at anytime thou I havent lived in it proper in a year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

Why not get a prepay pay as you go meter http://www.prepaypower.ie/
    then you wont get nasty bills every 2 months and will know what your spending

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

No provider operates without a standing charge.
    patwicklow wrote: »
    Why not get a prepay pay as you go meter http://www.prepaypower.ie/
    then you wont get nasty bills every 2 months and will know what your spending

Still runs down your meter card daily - not sure what they do about the standing charge if you leave it off for prolonged periods though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

MYOB wrote: »

Still runs down your meter card daily - not sure what they do about the standing charge if you leave it off for prolonged periods though.

Yeah think they all rip us off with the daily charge

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

MYOB wrote: »

they charge an additional €25 bi-monthly standing charge
    then you pay a percentage when you top up at the payzone
    this is not a good system in my opinion
    currently being discussed here in electrical
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056861883

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭tony81

patwicklow wrote: »

Yeah think they all rip us off with the daily charge

I honestly don't know how you can call the fee for a stable, safe electricity supply a "rip off".

Op, shop around for a lower charge.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭StillWaters

Prepay power actually costs more for low usage. Electric ireland have one of the lower standing order charges, if you opt to pay more per kw. Have a look at bonkers.ie. beware of their mad low usage charge though!

Advertisement