Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does she need notice before I let her go?

Options
  • 28-01-2013 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I hired a girl last month to work in my shop but she isn't cutting it. Do I need to give her notice before I tell her it isn't working out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

she doesn't have one. Im sure it's legal but Im concerned more on whether or not it makes me a total dickhead i guess

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

If you pay her by the week, maybe give her a week's notice. But have you had a chat with her on why it's not working?

I could be wrong, but I think during a probation period (usually 3 months) you can let her go without notice?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,195 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

You can let her go straight away with no notice and you do not need to give a reason. Let her finish today and pay her as soon as you can.
    Don't worry about what she thinks of you, don't loose a seconds sleep over it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Be nice. Give her a week's notice, then let her go. You don't have to give a reason, but it would be good for her career development and give 'closure' if you told her why.

Advertisement