Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Query re. charges applied to my account

Options
  • 28-01-2013 9:06pm
    Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭

I noticed that my account was charged €23.72 at the end of December.  I'm not surprised by this, I knew charges were being re-introduced.  What I am surprised about is that before free banking was introduced I had signed up to have the flat fee of €11.40 per quarter applied to my account.  I would have assumed that this would still be valid on the re-introduction of fees.  Could somebody please clarify why this does not appear to be the case?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi Zaph,

As we do not have account access here, we would be unable to check the breakdown of the charges for you. Bank of Ireland did not re-introduce fees; we amended the qualifying criteria for the No Transaction Fee Offer. If you had selected the Flat Fee Option previously on your account, it should still apply. Although the Flat Fee is set at €11.40 for 90 transactions, transactions in excess of 90 costs 28c each.

You can request for a breakdown of the charges by calling your branch or Banking 365 on 0818 365 365. Alternatively you can send a request through 365 online secure inbox who can also provide the information.

Thanks
    Linda

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Bank of Ireland did not re-introduce fees; we amended the qualifying criteria for the No Transaction Fee Offer.

To be honest, that's just semantics. At this stage I'm sure you're fully aware of what people mean by fees being re-introduced. As for getting a breakdown of the fees, why would I want that? I can see my transactions on my statements and work it out at 28c per transaction if I was so inclined. What I want to know is why the condition previously applied to my account was not still in effect and how this can be rectified?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi Zaph,

We do not change customer's fee category from the flat fee option to the Pay as you go option or vice versa without the customers consent. As we do not have account access here, we cannot check how a change may have occurred or what fee category you are currently on. If you contact Bank of Ireland by one of the options suggested, a representative will be happy with check why the charges occurred and what fee category you are currently on.

Thank you
    Linda

Advertisement