If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

multi room stereo reciever

Options
  • 28-01-2013 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    I am looking at setting up a wired multi room stereo layout with at least 3 rooms if not 4 with stereo speakers......so!
    http://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?ObjectID=938&Mode=0&CategoryID=&sub=&productid=855

would this unit Teac AG980 Black be the only one I should be looking at or is there better?

would only be running an ipod through it for a few hours a day.

also if its the one to go for what kind of price could you do for me inc delivery to donegal.

Cheers in advance,

Niall

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

feelpablo wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    I am looking at setting up a wired multi room stereo layout with at least 3 rooms if not 4 with stereo speakers......so!
    http://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?ObjectID=938&Mode=0&CategoryID=&sub=&productid=855

would this unit Teac AG980 Black be the only one I should be looking at or is there better?

would only be running an ipod through it for a few hours a day.

also if its the one to go for what kind of price could you do for me inc delivery to donegal.

Cheers in advance,

Niall
    Niall,

yep that one is 100% right for what you need - you would just have to add something like the Dock ID20 - http://www.richersounds.com/product/ipod-iphone-speakers-docks/dock/id20/dock-id20

to allow you to connect your iPOD properly - the only problem at the moment is that the AG980 is currently out of stock - I'll chase a date for redelivery and I'll come back to you asap with date and system pricing.

Thanks for the opportunity to quote and please don't hesitate to drop me a line if I can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭feelpablo

Niall,

yep that one is 100% right for what you need - you would just have to add something like the Dock ID20 - http://www.richersounds.com/product/ipod-iphone-speakers-docks/dock/id20/dock-id20

to allow you to connect your iPOD properly - the only problem at the moment is that the AG980 is currently out of stock - I'll chase a date for redelivery and I'll come back to you asap with date and system pricing.

Thanks for the opportunity to quote and please don't hesitate to drop me a line if I can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    John,

Thats great and a bit of a shame its out of stock ( I like to get me hands on stuff yesterday). No probs in it being out of stock, but I probably will need it in the next 4-5 weeks.

Thanks again for the speedy reply and i'll look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,
    Niall

John,

Thats great and a bit of a shame its out of stock ( I like to get me hands on stuff yesterday). No probs in it being out of stock, but I probably will need it in the next 4-5 weeks.

Thanks again for the speedy reply and i'll look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,
    Niall
    We'll keep you posted!

Thanks again,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

any update on this guys?

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

any update on this guys?
    Hi Feelpablo.

We are still waiting on the Teac AG980 arriving into stock - I'll chase it up today and get back ASAP.

• Advertisement

Hi Feelpablo.

We are still waiting on the Teac AG980 arriving into stock - I'll chase it up today and get back ASAP.
    appreciate that, thanks Kenny.

appreciate that, thanks Kenny.
    Hey Feelpablo.

Still waiting on Our Teac Rep getting back to me but wanted to post in case you think i have forgotten about you.

As soon as he calls back I'll be straight on to you.

Hey Feelpablo.

Still waiting on Our Teac Rep getting back to me but wanted to post in case you think i have forgotten about you.

As soon as he calls back I'll be straight on to you.
    any update here for me guys?
     surely the teac rep can give you some form of answer within three weeks ???????????????????????????????????????

any update here for me guys?
     surely the teac rep can give you some form of answer within three weeks ???????????????????????????????????????
    Feelpablo,

Apologies - the guys should have contacted you - the AG980 is available from stock again - it has increased in price to £249.95 but as we have kept you waiting so long I'll happily hold the £219.95 price for you..

Apologies again for the delay getting back to you an keep me posted if we can assist,

Best regards,

John Mc & Crew

Hi John and crew,

Now its my turn to apoligise for delay in getting back to ye!!

So can I get a firm price for the teac, ipod dock and 3 sets of wall speakers delivered to donegal town please.

regards,

Niall Timony

• Advertisement

Hi Niall,

Thanks for getting back to us.

The AG980s are currently out of stock :(  Will need to check if these are still available and if so stock.

Fingers crossed they are.  If so then the JBL Control One speakers would go well.  These are currently priced at £59.95 per pair.  These are wall mountable and come with brackets in the box.  Check the link below for more info:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/standmount-speakers/jbl/control-1/jbl-contorl-1-blk

For an Ipod dock check out the ID20 currently priced at £29.95.  This comes with a remote included so very handy:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/ipod-iphone-speakers-docks/dock/id20/dock-id20

One thing it doesn't include though is the 3.5 - phono cable to connect it to the amp.  We have cables here that would do the job starting from £9.95.

Delivery on all of the above would be £19.95.

Let me know what you tihnk.

Chris

Ok thanks Chris,

yeah go ahead please and check for me and if you can let me know asap and i will call in my order.

thanks in advance,

Niall.

Ok thanks Chris,

yeah go ahead please and check for me and if you can let me know asap and i will call in my order.

thanks in advance,

Niall.

Hi Niall,

Looks like our supplier may have a few in stock.  Going to speak to purchasing to see if we can get our hands on some.

Will keep you posted.

Chris

Hi Niall,

Looks like our supplier may have a few in stock.  Going to speak to purchasing to see if we can get our hands on some.

Will keep you posted.

Chris
    Chris

thats great thanks a million... can you also check if those jbl speakers come in white too please.

regards,

Niall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

The JBL control 1 we only stock in black.

JBL do make them in silver but not in white.

I would have to check if these are available for us to order as it's been a long time from we have had silver.

Many thanks

Dave

Hi Dave, can you tell me then if you have any wall mountable speakers in white?
    The reasoning is that they are going into a restaurant and the ceilings are white so the black may stand out.

Regards,

Niall

Hi Dave, can you tell me then if you have any wall mountable speakers in white?
    The reasoning is that they are going into a restaurant and the ceilings are white so the black may stand out.

Regards,

Niall

Hi Niall,

Here's another option for white speakers that may suit :) Bit more expensive unfortunately:

Monintor Audio Radius 90HD White - £279.95:
    http://www.monitoraudio.co.uk/products/radius-hd/r90hd/

Much more superior speaker to the JBL.  Alot nicer to the eye too.

Let me know what you think.

Chris

Ouch, as I need three pairs that leaves it very expensive!

Ok thanks for looking may go with the black jbl so, can you find out ASAP the story wit teac as I need to get it ordered... Thanks again guys for all the help

Ouch, as I need three pairs that leaves it very expensive!

Ok thanks for looking may go with the black jbl so, can you find out ASAP the story wit teac as I need to get it ordered... Thanks again guys for all the help
    FP,

Here's a deal for you - the AG980 is still really short but we do have our demo one (which has never been used ) I can do that with 3 pairs of the Monitor Audio Radius 90HD in white (which are really beautiful) including the brackets and an ID20 ipod dock and interconnect - Should retail for north of £1100 - I'll do them all at £749.95 / €899.99 delivered...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ4lHLJIFP9SeQ3qpxx41s_s6yUMgjlYi3PBfVY-xlTKphXWz6W

..Keep me posted and thanks again for the opportunity to quote!

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi John,

Firstly thanks for the generous quote but im afraid my budget just wont strecth anywhere near that far.

Ill gladly take the demo version of the teac, 3 pairs of the jbl in black and the ipod dock.

If you can pm witha number to contact you on tomorrow (weds) ill ring you straight away.

Kind regards,

Niall

• Advertisement

Hi John,

Firstly thanks for the generous quote but im afraid my budget just wont strecth anywhere near that far.

Ill gladly take the demo version of the teac, 3 pairs of the jbl in black and the ipod dock.

If you can pm witha number to contact you on tomorrow (weds) ill ring you straight away.

Kind regards,

Niall
    Hi feelpablo.

PM sent.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.