Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is with me? 7th Chevron Edition

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Might watch it again.

I'm already dying to watch it again :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

I cannot believe I am only seeing this thread now!!!! I would have loved to have watched along with you!
    I recently finished a run through of S4 and S5 of Atlantis, for some reason (I think I was in final year at college) I didnt see Season 5 the first time round, or just bits and pieces and I really loved it! you can imagine my shock and horror when it just ended with Enemy at the Gates, I thought there was still 2 eps to go!!!! I nearly died!
    The second time round seeing Atlantis, I decided I liked McKay more, Carson less, fell totally in love with Sheppard and Even thought I missed Carter and wished she could have stayed on as head of the Atlantis expedition, I grew to like Woolsey.

There is a nice tip of the hat to Don S. Davis in the finale when Carter says they are renaming their new Aurora class ship the General Hammond *tear in my eye*

I have seasons 1-5 of SG1 on box set. I am soooo tempted to start again. But I suppose college work should take priority.

and also considering the praise heaped on Universe here, I might just give that another whack.

God, I miss SG1

SarahBM wrote: »
    I grew to like Woolsey

Same. I hated all the weasel like IOA staff with a passion, not because they were bad characters or bad actors, actually because they were such good characters & well acted....they really came across like typical short-sighted live in the clouds type people, ya know the type :rolleyes: But yes, I did warm to Woolsey, you could see that running Atlantis contradicted with the think-plan-discuss-plan-think-meet-discuss ethos of the IOA. You could kind of see in him sometimes when it would click in his mind, "You actually can't run this place without making decisions". And as always Bob Picardo acts so well.

there was one part in Enemy at the Gates where he (Woolsey) literally doesnt even think about putting the whole city in danger (by using the wormhole drive) because Earth is under attack. He doesnt take the usual time to mull over consequences etc. Its just "my home and friends are in danger" and he just goes for it. I respect him for that.

If they had gone and done a 6th series, I would like to have seen Sheppard in a relationship. His character worked well because he had no ties, no families, and he was always going on suicide missions because he had no one else to worry about, but if they brought in a relationship (and not necessarily a leggy blonde alien) I think his character could have been developed a bit more. Plus Todd still had a part to play if you ask me. He is by far one of my fav bad, but not so bad guys.
    The auld romantic in me would like to have seen Rodney and Jennifer get married too. That could have made for a very funny episode.

Ok enough fantasising about what could have been with Atlantis.

Todd rocked...hard.

• Advertisement

Myrddin wrote: »
    Todd rocked...hard.

So did that really bad ass Wraith in Las Vegas!!! Hard core! :cool:

So did that really bad ass Wraith in Las Vegas!!! Hard core! :cool:

Yeah he was so cool, strolling through Vegas with the rolling stones "sympathy for the devil" as background music...such a cool image :cool:

Yeah he was so cool, strolling through Vegas with the rolling stones "sympathy for the devil" as background music...such a cool image :cool:

That episode got a bit too CSI for my liking though the music in it was great. :D

I suppose its too late for them to do a film now. Although they did the Peacekeeper Wars with Farscape. I would love to see a film for Atlantis, just to give me some real closure. The ending was too abrupt for me.

That episode got a bit too CSI for my liking though the music in it was great. :D

I suppose its too late for them to do a film now. Although they did the Peacekeeper Wars with Farscape. I would love to see a film for Atlantis, just to give me some real closure. The ending was too abrupt for me.

I suspect with the planned reboot, all hope of the establishes series getting a continuation probably goes out the window :( Although Atlantis ended somewhat abruptly, I do feel it ran its course. Universe though, now that's a different story...

I suspect with the planned reboot, all hope of the establishes series getting a continuation probably goes out the window :( Although Atlantis ended somewhat abruptly, I do feel it ran its course. Universe though, now that's a different story...

It's just that I didnt realise there was only 20 eps that series, and I was all ready to watch 2 more and then there was none! :eek::eek::eek:

anyway I will get over it. I dont want to see a reboot. Im afraid they will mess it up.
    with the exception of Star Trek, most reboots are inferior to the originals.

With a reboot would it be like starting at the beginning again, SG1 being put together to go and explore the galaxy etc? No one can replace SG1. and I mean NO ONE!!!

• Advertisement

It's just that I didnt realise there was only 20 eps that series, and I was all ready to watch 2 more and then there was none! :eek::eek::eek:

anyway I will get over it. I dont want to see a reboot. Im afraid they will mess it up.
    with the exception of Star Trek, most reboots are inferior to the originals.

With a reboot would it be like starting at the beginning again, SG1 being put together to go and explore the galaxy etc? No one can replace SG1. and I mean NO ONE!!!

I agree, I don't hold out much hope for it...but Stargate as we knew it is gone, finshed & ain't coming back :( So a reboot is the only hope. I suspect it'll be a reboot of the original feature film, mixed with elements of SG-1 that set it up for two sequels {it is a planned trilogy}. You never know, but they'll go in a new direction without a doubt, as it'a a reboot after all.

ya, I guess. I guess when we just loved a show so much, its hard to imagine them changing it.
    I mean come on, would they "reboot the West Wing?!?!?! I think not!

I think they would have to change characters though. like who could they possibly get to play Jack and Teal'c.

I think they would have to change characters though. like who could they possibly get to play Jack and Teal'c.

Someone 'younger & edgier' perhaps :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Someone 'younger & edgier' perhaps :(

Long as it not them il be happy. I dont think anybody can replace what we know as jack and teal'c.

waiting for someone to reply with 'indeed' :P

wait for it

Raises eyebrow, tilts head and says in an unnatural deep voice

Indeed!

Feck it lads. I am going to do a Stargate run through. who needs to pass their masters anyway!

who's with me???!!!!!

watching Children of the Gods. I still dont understand how Apophis re activated the gate.
    Oh General Hammond I have missed you!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭lav1

hello all, new to this thread, but a huge stargate fan,
    can anyone tell me where I can buy the sg1 boxset season 1-10 and atlantis and was it ever released on bluray?
    I was gona buy it from amazon but the reviews about the quality of the boxset are terrible.

thanks.

lav1 wrote: »
    can anyone tell me where I can buy the sg1 boxset season 1-10 and atlantis and was it ever released on bluray?
    I was gona buy it from amazon but the reviews about the quality of the boxset are terrible.

thanks.

Hey! Welcome fellow gater! Have a look at play.com Ive never had a problem with quality of stuff and they are pretty reasonably priced.

Side bar I love the intro between Jack and Sam.

"Just because my reproductive organs are on the inside instead of the outside doesnt mean I cant handle what ever you can handle!"

Feck it lads. I am going to do a Stargate run through. who needs to pass their masters anyway!

who's with me???!!!!!

watching Children of the Gods. I still dont understand how Apophis re activated the gate.
    Oh General Hammond I have missed you!

Enjoy, it took me nine months to get through everything Stargate...I miss it already :(

Enjoy, it took me nine months to get through everything Stargate...I miss it already :(

Well Im guessing it will probably take me a lot longer but I am going to take my time and enjoy it.
    :D

• Advertisement

Well Im guessing it will probably take me a lot longer but I am going to take my time and enjoy it.
    :D

Yeah I kinda got hooked & ended up watching two/three/four eps a night :o SUCH, a good show!

Yeah I kinda got hooked & ended up watching two/three/four eps a night :o SUCH, a good show!

I have 2 assignments to write and an MCQ to study for. So I shouldnt really be starting this but I think it will be my nightly reward for studying. :D

god Samuels was a pain in the ass! Half way through Children of the Gods.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

lav1 wrote: »

thanks.

There was a disk quality issue with the SG1 Boxset, might have been fixed.
    You could try and source each season used and save some money.

Atlantis was released on Blu, a little under €70 on Play.com and they have free shipping. Only ever had one issue with the company and after sorting it with customer services I came to the conclusion it was someone being lazy but I still use them and find they have good deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

All five seasons of Atlantis are on Netflix.

On to episode 3 emancipation. SG1 really tackled a lot of serious issues early on. Oppression of women, violence against women, arranged marriages etc. Great episode. Plus funny too, when Jack and Daniel tell Carter that blue dress is "so you!"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

On to episode 3 emancipation. SG1 really tackled a lot of serious issues early on. Oppression of women, violence against women, arranged marriages etc. Great episode. Plus funny too, when Jack and Daniel tell Carter that blue dress is "so you!"

Soon-Tek Oh was good in that episode and in fairness Jack and Daniel were right, Carter did look good in a blue dress.

Again with the hammering into controversial issues. First Commandment - Jonas was a nut case!

Cold Lazarus - something I noticed, When Jack comes back through the stargate (the real Jack), the gate is dialling and Sam says "Where's the Iris?" and the General Hammond says that someone used a code - but the wormhole hadnt even been established so HOW could the remote code have gotten through?!?!? LOL

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Something must come through somehow because doesn't the gate start spinning when someone dials in from off planet before the wormhole is activated?

keithgeo wrote: »
    Something must come through somehow because doesn't the gate start spinning when someone dials in from off planet before the wormhole is activated?

Ya I guess but surely a wormhole would have to be established first in order for a primitive signal like a radio wave to get through. Our tech is thousands of years behind the gate tech and I just wouldn't have thought something so simple as a radio signal would be able to travel through the actual gate itself. You would need a wormhole. Maybe I'm wrong but it just seemed odd to me. :-)

• Advertisement

Just watched Family ties. anything with the Goa'uld larva makes me sick!!!

Advertisement