Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is with me? 7th Chevron Edition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

And here he comes. the introduction of Col. Maybourne! - Jacka**

Jack -"What happened to Kennedy?"
    Maybourne - "He got promoted to the Pentagon. Im his replacement"
    Jack - "Talk about failing upwards!"

Love it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Maybourne is brilliant, more so when he's outed from his position & pushed into a lovable rogue type character

Myrddin wrote: »
    Maybourne is brilliant, more so when he's outed from his position & pushed into a lovable rogue type character

I never liked him. he just annoyed the hell out of me. On to solitudes. I really like this episode. I like the sciencey explanations about how the Stargate works etc.

Starting this re-run was probably a bad idea :D:D:D

Evening time- On to Tin Man. Have to say, not one of my favs. But it does have some funny one liners.

Well I just finished Season 1. Loved it. Again. Season 2 will have to wait til Monday if not the following wk. Too much college work to do. Damn furtherer education messing with my sci fi.

Is it just me or is Apophis really hard to take seriously?!? He looks like such a wuss yet he weilds this great power over thousands if not millions. I could so take him in a fight!!! Plus I could never take a man who wears that much eyeliner ad gold lipstick seriously!

Just watched the episode Thor's Chariot. Man, I love the Asgard!!!! they are just so cool!!!

Something I have noticed and I have to say it very much annoys me. The opening credits. I remember watching on telly and it was just a camer panning shot of a massive Egyptian statue. In my box sets, bar the very first episode, they have a montage of all the characters as the opening credits. I prefer the original.

Original - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JZ3oAVsFl4

new one - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aafGXNWHGaw - boo hiss

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

SarahBM wrote: »
    Just watched the episode Thor's Chariot. Man, I love the Asgard!!!! they are just so cool!!!

Something I have noticed and I have to say it very much annoys me. The opening credits. I remember watching on telly and it was just a camer panning shot of a massive Egyptian statue. In my box sets, bar the very first episode, they have a montage of all the characters as the opening credits. I prefer the original.

good god that's woeful thank god i haven't seen that before. original is miles better

and that was just season 1.

got worse as seasons went on as far as I can remember.

Message in a Bottle is a weird episode. Lt. Simmons. I dont get it.

another character I love is Master Bra'tac! What a Legend, reminds me of John Giles a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Open to correction here but I believe Seasons' One and Two had that "new" intro originally for Showtime. The "Original" first came about in Season 3 but was later attached to all the first five seasons? Definitely anyway this was the case for Sky One's broadcasts of them.

I might be wrong but from what I can remember they didnt start using the 'new one' til later series. and I remember being disgusted when they started using it. I dont like it at all. anyway.

Just watched Family. Ry'ac annoys me.

@Myrddin - like you I have ended up watching 3 or 4 eps at a time. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

I might be wrong but from what I can remember they didnt start using the 'new one' til later series. and I remember being disgusted when they started using it. I dont like it at all. anyway.

Just watched Family. Ry'ac annoys me.

Irrc, Season 6 introduces a new one with the spinning Stargate with Jonas in it (Starts off with RDA doing a roll onto a sand and shooting, ends with a Ghoauld ship being shot down in front of a Stargate). That is a lot better than the original Season One and Two ones. Season 3,4,5 all had the Egyptian Statute thing from the original movie opening. Seasons 9,10 had another gate spinning opening but the game began spinning in space and was viewed edge on a like dinner plate.

• Advertisement

well I miss the statue one, that's for sure :)

Probably wont get to watch any more til the weekend. stupid assignments piling up.

Oh you know it :) The thread is in good hands :cool:

Re the intro's, I really hate the way they ditched the model of the Stargate & used a awful CG one in the later series intro

"Oh, I'm not gonna hit you, Maybourne. I'm gonna shoot you!" - Best O'Neill quote EVER!!!

watched Secrets, the ep where Daniel and Teal'c go back to Abydos, Shar're is there, up the duff etc. I hate childbirth. why do they insist on showing women having babies in these shows. ick.

on to Bane now. weird ep.

Well since I ended up getting my wisdom tooth pulled, so since Im in a lot of pain and feeling very sorry for my self, Im watching a few more eps. up as far as the Fifth Race.

Well since I ended up getting my wisdom tooth pulled, so since Im in a lot of pain and feeling very sorry for my self, Im watching a few more eps. up as far as the Fifth Race.

Go on, what's the old adage? "There's no medicine like Stargate"

Holiday has to be one of my least favourite episodes. no idea why. the part where Teal'c (in Jack's body) tries to cut his hair. gas.

sidebar. I remember years ago I had a Stargate dialling computer screensaver on our old desktop at home. I have been googling but I cant find it.

the weirdest thing just happened. so there I am watching "Out of Mind" and it finished with "To Be Continued" so I go to the next episode that is on the disc, and WHOA! its the episode Thor's Hammer from season 1 and the 4th ep on the disc is Hathor. I am sooooo confused, so then I looked up the episode list and Out of Mind is the season finale of season2. why have 2 random episodes from season 1 in there.
    Looks like Im on to season 3. Better order season 6 -10 soon before I catch my self up!

Edit. I should have just read the back of the box where it says "including two classic episodes from season 1" - *facepalm*!!

Point of View. I love episodes with the alternate realities. and Jack and Sam, together. awh! (Im such a girl)

and now introducing Aris Bok. hate this guy.

Update:

Well I am nearing the end of Season 3 already. I have 4 and 5 but at the rate Im going I should get 6 and 7 before xmas.

My heart nearly broke when Shar're died. I was watching the ep where Skara/Korel were on triad on tollana and I couldnt remember who won, so like for a minute there I thought the Goa'uld would win and I was like "Noooooo"! but then they didnt and all was ok again.
    Urgo - hilarious episode!!! just a laugh a minute. I love the expressions on Fraiser and Hammonds faces when SG1 are yapping away to Urgo and they cant see him. It's gas!

The ep with the Harsisis child, boring as hell! next is the crystal skull, which I dont think I am fond of. then the finale Nemesis. and the debut of the Replicators!

I would like to offer my apologies to the episode Crystal Skull. Its actually very funny. Got season 6 today in HMV. all they had in the way of stargate was sesaon 6 of sg1 and 2-5 of atlantis. very disappointing. anyway.
    Id love to Join the SGC. if it existed. which it doesnt.

or does it?!?!?

• Advertisement

Id love to Join the SGC. if it existed. which it doesnt.

or does it?!?!?

I'll leave you with a purported quote from Ben Rich, former head of Lockheed Skunkwords {US Government Contractor who are responsible for advanced aerospace technology ;)}
    We already have the means to travel among the stars, but these technologies are locked up in black projects and it would take an Act of God to ever get them out to benefit humanity...Anything you can imagine, we already know how to do

mind. BLOWN!!!!

Season 3 finale next. :) Cannot believe how fast I am getting through this!

The cool opening sequence!!!! hurray for season 4!!!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

While me and the wife haven't finished our Buffy\Angel run through, nearly there.. we got bored the other night and watched the Stargate movie, our plan is to watch the series when we wrap up the others. While watching was looking up some trivia on IMDB.

Didn't realize Djimon Hounsou is Horus in the film before. or that Jaye Davidson didn't like all the attention he received after Crying Game so didn't want to do Stargate and threw them a number of 1 million to do it thinking they would turn it down. they didn't haha.. nice. Watching James spader in the film made me realize how good an impression of him Michael Shanks did, especially early on in the series!

Also the dude from Third Rock from the sun always feels weird in stargate not talking like an idiot.

ye wont believe this but I havent seen the movie. I might watch it at the wknd. I just cannot take Kurt Russell seriously as Jack.
    James Spader wouldnt be my favourite actor either.
    Watching the episode Upgrades last night. It hit me how Gen. Hammond just let your wan waltz in and start experimenting on SG1. If that was a real scientific trial they would have had to go through way more hoops to allow a mad cap experiment like that to actually go ahead. they hardly seemed to consider any of the possible risks. Mad!

Loads of actors that have guest starred in SG1 are in Sanctuary as well. Im not complaining or anything, but I just didnt realise how many!

Might not get to watch any eps over the wknd as Im heading home to see the family.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

yeh kurt russell is hard to take after watching the series, but james spader is pretty much the same in it, it may as well be Michael Shanks.

Amanda tapping created or produced sanctuary as a web series before it was a tv show i think, and she pretty much culled her cast from stargate alright.

loved sanctuary.

Going onto ep 11 S4. Point of no return.
    Ep 10 beneath the surface is a good ep. One or two jack and Sam moments, but as usual in the end its back to yes sir. I'm on hols this wk so I reckon I'll get a good few eps watched. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Just finished my 2nd run-through of Universe last night.

Sadly underrated show that was getting better and better towards the end.
    The character relationships/conflict had started to settle down, they'd started to inject some of the old humor (the episode with McKay among others) and the storylines were picking up. Very disappointed that we'll never get a real ending to the Destiny's journey. :(

One thing that occurred to me though.. the drones were attacking them based on their programming to destroy any technology not their own. But in the last episode they use a shuttle as a diversion by broadcasting a fake subspace signal and it works!

Why then did they not modify Destiny's signal/transponder so it matched that of the drones? They had one on board for plenty of time and used the knowledge they gained from studying it to come up with that plan and to modify the shields to be more effective. Seems like a far better long-term solution to me!

• Advertisement

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    One thing that occurred to me though.. the drones were attacking them based on their programming to destroy any technology not their own. But in the last episode they use a shuttle as a diversion by broadcasting a fake subspace signal and it works!

Why then did they not modify Destiny's signal/transponder so it matched that of the drones? They had one on board for plenty of time and used the knowledge they gained from studying it to come up with that plan and to modify the shields to be more effective. Seems like a far better long-term solution to me!

Wasn't the finale re-edited & re-cut once word of the cancellation filtered down? Perhaps in the original version, they were going to try something like what you suggested...

Advertisement