Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glazed bi fold internal door

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

dickwod1 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm trying to source two glazed bi fold internal doors like this http://www.diy.com/nav/build/doors-windows/doors/interior-doors/bi_fold_doors/Neptune-Clear-Pine-2-Lite-Glazed-Interior-Bifold-Door-H-1935-x-W-753-x-D-35mm-10798185 (FROM UK B&Q)
    Anybody know anywhere in Dublin or close to Dublin that sell's these type of glazed doors?

if theres a B&Q up North then thats where to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Johny 8

paddy147 wrote: »

if theres a B&Q up North then thats where to go.

With paddy on that one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

Thanks actually never thought of that

I even know exactly where the B&Q is in Newry :)

Thanks actually never thought of that

I even know exactly where the B&Q is in Newry :)

See..the power of boards and their members to the resuce...(hopefully).:D

Unfortunately the doors are out of stock in the north and I've tried a few in London etc. just to see and they seem to be out of stock in every B&Q

So anybody know any where to get these type of doors?

Thanks

• Advertisement

Unfortunately the doors are out of stock in the north and I've tried a few in London etc. just to see and they seem to be out of stock in every B&Q

So anybody know any where to get these type of doors?

Thanks

What are you wanting to do with them?

If they are for space saving,then why not consider recessing normal doors into a wall so they slide back into the walls and vanish.

Thats what I did.

paddy147 wrote: »
    What are you wanting to do with them?

If they are for space saving,then why not consider recessing normal doors into a wall so they slide back into the walls and vanish.

Thats what I did.

Hi there for blocking off my conservatory from my kitchen diner (It's too cold with the large opening)

I cant recess the doors as there's no room (It's where the old sliding door to the back garden used to be) and normal large doors would create dead space behind the doors in the conservatory

The bi fold doors would work a treat but I need them glazed or the kitchen diner would be to dark if the doors were closed during the day in the winter

Just to follow up on this - I went to B&Q in Lisburn and got these doors and I'm very unhappy with them.

When I got home one of the bi-fold door gear was different to the other(making everything odd as I'm using the two doors together)

The timber is marked/bashed etc.

The doors are slightly warped

There is wood glue/filler spilling out on parts of the doors

All in all one of these things wouldn't bother me I'm not really that fussy but when there are so many defects it pisses me off.

I'd rate the doors 4/10.

Advertisement