Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog coughing and mucus from nose

• 28-01-2013 10:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭

My collie lab cross started this coughing just this week..it sounds like when you need to clear your throat... she has a bit if snot like mucus coming from her nose too ??

My neighbour who is a vets nurse gave me some antibiotics for her 4 days ago but it doesn't seem to be clearing.....

Time for a visit to the vet?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Has the dog finished the full course of antibiotics?

Sounds like kennel cough to me, but I would go to the vet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

You should have really brought the dog to the vet before getting antibiotics. Did the vet nurse check her out, ie check her heart, listen to her breathing or take her temperature?
    I would bring her to the vet as kennel cough can turn into something more serious if not treated properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Deffo go to the vets. Also ask the vet is it ok for you to use Karvol in a steamed room to help the dog clear the snots if it is something like kennel cough. Hope the pooch feels better soon but all that mucus I'd deffo get to the vets first thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Thanks for the advice folks.,.
    Vets it is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

Don't take the dog into the vets though, unless they say you can, if it is KC, it is very contagious and a lot of vets like the dogs to stay in the car until the waiting room has been cleared. When you phone to make the appointment, make sure you tell them what you think it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭Mech1

if you find a cure, let us know. I think I have the same problem myself, sounds very similar hot whiskys arnt working sofar and the bottles almost empty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭jimf

Mech1 wrote: »
    if you find a cure, let us know. I think I have the same problem myself, sounds very similar hot whiskys arnt working sofar and the bottles almost empty.

why are you sleeping in the kennel have you taken the full course of doggy antibiotics why not book a visit to the vet

Advertisement