Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ban Queries

Options
  • 28-01-2013 10:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭

Hello,
    Re: ban from following AH thread.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056865104

I'm posting the following as I'm yet to receive a reply to a PM sent to Dr Bollocko a day ago.
    I was banned on the above thread for calling another poster 'a dickhead'.
    To be honest, I figured I'd get a ban for that, probably 3 days considering the circumstances.
    The other poster suggested that the only thing people should be posting in the thread was 'RIP'.
    Now this sounded pretty boring to me. The kind of thing only the obsessively morbid would want to read.
    So that's what I posted, that it sounded boring.
    The poster responded by telling me to "go **** yourself".
    Now the thread was a bit needley, with some posters making anti-Gardai comments. Not something that I would ever do. I can't recall ever posting about the Gardai in any of my previous posts.
    To me, you'd want to have been seriously provoked from someone's previous posts to justify you telling someone to go **** themselves.
    So I was a bit pissed off to be responded to like this for a fairly held, subjective opinion that a thread consisting of people posting just "RIP" would be boring.
    I called him a dickhead, that was wrong, and I'm not appealing being banned.
    To be given a 2 week ban from the forum however, seems a bit excessive.
    I then noticed that the guy who told me to go **** myself wasn't even infracted.
    I've a number of queries.
    Can the length of my ban be reduced from 2 weeks?
    I'm hardly a serial offender by AH standards, and 2 weeks is ridiculous.
    Is it acceptable to tell other posters to go **** themselves?
    Why is it way more wrong - judging from the respective consequences - to call a guy a dickhead than to tell someone to go **** yourself?

Thanks for listening.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,689 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Hi black francis,

As you agree, the ban was deserved and your issue is the length of the ban.

Your previous bans from After Hours were for three days and one week. Two weeks would be the natural escalation for your next ban. Not only that, but given your original post in the thread which was hugely insensitive, disrespectful and pretty much trolling, I'd say two weeks is more than justified.

As for the other poster, mod action was taken against their post and it's not up for discussion here unless they themselves wish to dispute it.

I'm recommending the ban stands. You can choose to have an admin review this decision if you wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Resolved due to timeout.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement