Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SNA advice

• 28-01-2013 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

My daughter is Autistic and is in mainstream school , she was awarded a sna on a shared basis , all she gets is 45 mins a day and nothing else ,and just wondering is there any basic guide lines to any minimum a child may recieve during a day. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Sadly, no. A "shared" SNA allows the DES to say x no. of children have access to an SNA, even if it is only for 45 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 superhooop

Thanks for your reply actually when i say shared i should have been clearer. The agreement was she shared with 1 other child with similar needs. The other child has the sna from 9am till 1440, then my daugHter gets the sna for 45mins before going home from school. We feel she just isn't getting enough help and 45mins just wasn't our idea of shared, we were kinda thinking 50-50. What does DES stand for thanks for your reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Orlaporla

Unfortunately shared does not always mean 50-50 even if it is between two children.

I have 3 children in my class with access to an SNA (two Autistic Spectrum and one ADHD) and she is shared with the class next door which makes it difficult to meet the needs of the children.

Usually school will prioritise the children with the greatest need and allocate access that way. Perhaps it's a positive; your daughter may be quite capable and may be managing quite well in the routine of the classroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Paulbeth

OP - DES = Department of Education and Science.

Advertisement