Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hardware Store

Options
  • 28-01-2013 10:35pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for sheets of hardboard. 3.2mm thick. The max length Woodies do is 1.2 meters. I'm looking for 1.3 or larger. Width is not important. What other hardware stores has Kilkenny got?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Chadwicks on the old Carlow road, Doyles are there also at the back of them Ormonde retail park.

Universal Providers on the Kells road behind the Teagasc office are also very good.
    There's one Kilkenny providers in Loughboy beside Woodies. Never used them myself.
    All the above would be cheaper than Woodies (which would not be hard!!).

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

Thanks for that, I really don't know KK that well yet after almost 2 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭1984baby

Universal Providers on the Kells Road would be my choice for timber etc..
    You could also try Noyeks behind Chadwicks or Marble City Kitchens in the Hebron Industrial Estate. There's also a place on the Dublin road across the road from the old AIB Bank, Green Acres DIY (I Think)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

Cheers, looks like I'll be busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Avonmore Home & Farm on the Kells Road........ sorry "Universal Providers" ;)

John

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Actually worse thing about living in London is lack of decent hardware places. I mean places that buy timber in bulk and cut it to size for you etc and actually know stuff about DIY/Building. Last time I was back in KK I went to Universal Providers guys in the shop were helpful and let me off a few cent instead of having me break a note. It's the little things!

Advertisement