Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living around South Terrace

Options
  • 28-01-2013 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭

Hey all,
    I'm looking at renting an apartment in South Terrace Court in the city center. Has anyone any good/bad experiences living in there or the surrounding area?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I lived quite close to there for a few years.
    Tis a grand spot, I always felt safe.
    You can get a few drunks hanging around, but they are harmless

Nice and close to town.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Its in a flood zone. Dont park your car in one of the underground garages if the rain is particularly heavy and the ESB decide to flood Cork again. Expect the usual cons of city center living but beyond those, its fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ResearchWill

Pizzle wrote: »
    Hey all,
    I'm looking at renting an apartment in South Terrace Court in the city center. Has anyone any good/bad experiences living in there or the surrounding area?

Whatsyour budget, if its at the high end call in to reception in the Elysian they have a few apartments at the moment.

Hogzy wrote: »
    Its in a flood zone. Dont park your car in one of the underground garages if the rain is particularly heavy and the ESB decide to flood Cork again. Expect the usual cons of city center living but beyond those, its fine.

South Terrace is effected by the spring tides not the dam issues in fact the dam flooding was over by western road Washington street etc. it's a high spring tide that effects south mall and south terrace I know I have an office in one area and live in the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Stay away from the apartments next to the chemist,fierce damp problems and electric heaters !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Grim_Wreeper

Gamb!t wrote: »
    Stay away from the apartments next to the chemist,fierce damp problems and electric heaters !

I would say avoid electric heaters at all costs anyway... Terrible things, but landlords favor them because they're easy to install.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

Hogzy wrote: »

Have these underground car parks being flooding during heavy rain? I hadn't heard of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Pizzle

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Turns out the apartment was already Let before we arranged for a viewing. So the search for an apartment continues! Good point on the storage heaters though. Will definitely be trying to avoid them!

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Turns out the apartment was already Let before we arranged for a viewing. So the search for an apartment continues! Good point on the storage heaters though. Will definitely be trying to avoid them!

What's the budget, the Elysian has some on the market either at the moment or soon, call into reception and ask.

Budget is around the 825 mark...the Elysian I'm guessing is going to be a fair bit more than that!

• Advertisement

Budget is around the 825 mark...the Elysian I'm guessing is going to be a fair bit more than that!

I think 1 beds start at 900 but that comes with 1 car space maybe 2. Also lot cheaper to run than an 10 year old apartment with storage heaters, very secure and very quiet and location is great.

This was 950 but they may talk, http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=1285087

Thanks, might give them a call after I view another place later.
    The place does look great...not sure will the budget stretch that far, but ya never know :)

Thanks, might give them a call after I view another place later.
    The place does look great...not sure will the budget stretch that far, but ya never know :)

Diego take a look its amazing, I have lived here for a few years now and love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭opus

I think 1 beds start at 900 but that comes with 1 car space maybe 2. Also lot cheaper to run than an 10 year old apartment with storage heaters, very secure and very quiet and location is great.

This was 950 but they may talk, http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=1285087

Seems pricey to me, a work colleague of a friend of mine is renting a two-bed in the tower part for €1200 with two car spaces which although still expensive is a much nicer & vastly bigger flat.

According to the last Daft rental report I read, the average price for a one-bed in Cork is €608 & €779 for a two-bed.

Advertisement