Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some general questions

Options
  • 28-01-2013 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

It's raining which means I have a crackling phoneline and no broadband. I have a fault logged but if it fixes it I'm sure it will only be temporarily as I've been told by Eircoms repair staff that the whole line needs to be replaced when they have been out with previous faults. As I was rarely at the house I put up with the unstable service but it's too expensive to be carrying on like this.

Personally I would just cancel but mine is not the only voice to consider so I have a couple of questions:

If I did cancel my account, in the future if I ever needed a landline again at the house would the number be the same as we currently have or would it be a new one?

If I was to cancel the broadband and keep the phoneline, would I be entering into a new 12 month contract?

I can't believe I'm asking this, but is the 10GB usage in Basic Broadband & Home Phone Bundle for downloads only or both up and down?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

thefareast wrote: »
    It's raining which means I have a crackling phoneline and no broadband. I have a fault logged but if it fixes it I'm sure it will only be temporarily as I've been told by Eircoms repair staff that the whole line needs to be replaced when they have been out with previous faults. As I was rarely at the house I put up with the unstable service but it's too expensive to be carrying on like this.

Personally I would just cancel but mine is not the only voice to consider so I have a couple of questions:

If I did cancel my account, in the future if I ever needed a landline again at the house would the number be the same as we currently have or would it be a new one?

If I was to cancel the broadband and keep the phoneline, would I be entering into a new 12 month contract?

I can't believe I'm asking this, but is the 10GB usage in Basic Broadband & Home Phone Bundle for downloads only or both up and down?

Hi thefareast,

Can you private message me with your Name, address and telephone number and I can look into the current & previous faults logged.

An existing line and telephone number will stay in place for a couple of years before the line or telephone number may be re-assigned. However there is no way to absolutely guarantee this.

The broadband usage includes both upload and download in the total.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭thefareast

PM sent, although I'm not really looking for a fault update. I'm looking at options available to me if I was to stay with Eircom or leave.

In case you missed it from my first post: "If I was to cancel the broadband and keep the phoneline, would I be entering into a new 12 month contract?"

Double post!

PM sent, although I'm not really looking for a fault update. I'm looking at options available to me if I was to stay with Eircom or leave.

In case you missed it from my first post: "If I was to cancel the broadband and keep the phoneline, would I be entering into a new 12 month contract?"

Hi thefareast,

Thanks for sending on the account details so I can check the account directly. Sorry I missed that question as you are not currently under any contract withe eircom for the account number you provided - if you cease the broadband there would be no new contract applied.

Just be aware eircom do require 30 day written notification should you decide to cancel the broadband service.

Thanks, Mark

Thanks Mark.

Out of curiosity, are there any other offers available for phone + broadband other than what's on the website for a long suffering Eircom customer?

• Advertisement

Thanks Mark.

Out of curiosity, are there any other offers available for phone + broadband other than what's on the website for a long suffering Eircom customer?

Hi thefareast,

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you. I am afraid due to the distance of the address from the exchange, there is nothing I can do in terms of the speed I'm afraid.

However as the calls are very minimal you can change to the evening and weekend call package which you can enter into a new bundle package.
    Talktime after hours with the 1MB Home starter.

€40.00 per month first 6 months
    €45.00 per month thereafter

Broadband

Up to 1MB download speed
        10GB usage allowance

Phone

**Unlimited Off-Peak Local and National landline calls
        Package includes monthly line rental
        30 Off-Peak minutes to any Irish mobile operator

However to avail of the 6 month promotional offer, customers need to agree to enter a new 12 month contract.

Thanks, Mark

Hi thefareast,

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you. I am afraid due to the distance of the address from the exchange, there is nothing I can do in terms of the speed I'm afraid.

However as the calls are very minimal you can change to the evening and weekend call package which you can enter into a new bundle package.
    Talktime after hours with the 1MB Home starter.

€40.00 per month first 6 months
    €45.00 per month thereafter

Broadband

Up to 1MB download speed
        10GB usage allowance

Phone

**Unlimited Off-Peak Local and National landline calls
        Package includes monthly line rental
        30 Off-Peak minutes to any Irish mobile operator

However to avail of the 6 month promotional offer, customers need to agree to enter a new 12 month contract.

Thanks, Mark
    So that's a no. Pretty uninspiring I'm sure you'll agree.

Thanks for your help though.

So that's a no. Pretty uninspiring I'm sure you'll agree.

Thanks for your help though.

No problem thefareast,

Sorry I could not get back with more options for you.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement