Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bin tag and green bin stolen

Options
  • 28-01-2013 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭

HI all,
    we're in littlepace and our green bin has gone missing, there was apparently someone going around earlier cleaning them, but ours is gone missing. Also our black wasnt collected as the tag must have been stolen off it... I put it on at 7.15 this morning and the collection truck was in the estate at the time. Not sure what my options are to be honest?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Ring and get another bin? Costs about 20-30 euro.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,214 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I'd also keep an eye out the next time the green bins are due out in case a neighbour took yours in by accident. My brown bin went missing a couple of years ago, no sign of it at next bin day so I bought another. About 6 weeks later it reappeared on the road. I now have two - one of them completely useless and unused of course :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭doubletrouble?

dont know about bins going missing, but years ago a tag went missing couldn't be sure if it was stolen or just blew away with high winds but ever since i staple the tag on the bin and haven't lost one since.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

January wrote: »
    Ring and get another bin? Costs about 20-30 euro.

wow last time we had a bin stolen it cost 90 quid to replace it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Murt10

Might be time to look at changing over to citybin if you havn't already

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭triple-M

Murt10 wrote: »
    Might be time to look at changing over to citybin if you havn't already
    i dont think they cover d15

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

triple-M wrote: »
    i dont think they cover d15

Only some parts of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Murt10

January wrote: »
    Only some parts of it.

Its worse than that. they are not even doing it on an estate by estate basis. If they have one person on your road they will take you on. If not then they won't.

The bin lorry has to stop right outside my house, to reverse down a cul-de-sac to collect bins down there, but they won't take me on.

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

HI all,
    we're in littlepace and our green bin has gone missing, there was apparently someone going around earlier cleaning them, but ours is gone missing. Also our black wasnt collected as the tag must have been stolen off it... I put it on at 7.15 this morning and the collection truck was in the estate at the time. Not sure what my options are to be honest?

Was your bin marked/numbered, would you know it, a sticker could be put over yours.
    If you wait until your next collection, black bag your green bin waste and there is a good chance your bin will be out on the road and not too far away.

Happened to me, came home from work late no sign of the bin. Next collection as our collection usually was at about 7.30am I walked up and down our road from around 7am and found my bin 3 doors down with my numbers crudely rubbed off.

New tenants had moved in to the house, knocked on the door, no answer, went down the side of their house and emptied the bin in their back garden.

Anyone new in your area?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 nomesc

I got my sister to paint pictures on my bin along with the address when my bin went missing a few years ago. Think it cost €20 to replace because it was our first replacement bin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

I hope it's not getting like parts of Ballyfermot where residents have to chain their bins to prevent them from being stolen/burned out.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 nomesc

I hope it's not getting like parts of Ballyfermot where residents have to chain their bins to prevent them from being stolen/burned out.

You talking about cherry orchard there? Anyone I know from ballyfermot doesn't have to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

Your copy of the receipt tag will help catch whomever uses it as it is scanned as far as I know. I could be wrong of course but both sides are bar-coded.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Automan

Fingal bins discovered in Romania

http://www.herald.ie/news/fingal-bins-discovered-in-romania-1499198.html

This happened a few years ago, wonder if fingal ever got to the bottom of it, would not say so as they are a useless shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

nomesc wrote: »
    You talking about cherry orchard there? Anyone I know from ballyfermot doesn't have to do that.
    Croftwood specifically. But close enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭johnolocher

Last month on 2 separate occasions someone stole our green bin and then ripped our bin tag off the black one. Cost us 40 to replace the green bin. It wasnt even out on the road, was next to our gate. I heard someone moving bins at like 7 am but I assumed it was next doors bringing theirs out.

I think it was kids as the same day I heard a crash, looked out and a school boy was running off having knocked over our neighbours bin.

Pain in the hole.

Advertisement