Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diginet in Drogheda

• 28-01-2013 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭

When I first signed up ,which was ages ago , it was fine but recently its gone v low and at times am getting no service at all..anybody else getting terrible contention?
    I even upgraded to a faster package(30mb) to get a more stable service but its the same...and funnily enough my upload speed is now worse.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭cunnijo

bastados wrote: »
    When I first signed up ,which was ages ago , it was fine but recently its gone v low and at times am getting no service at all..anybody else getting terrible contention?
    I even upgraded to a faster package(30mb) to get a more stable service but its the same...and funnily enough my upload speed is now worse.

Hi

I presume you are referring to Digiweb's Metro, as Diginet is their email service. What kind of speeds are you getting before and after the upgrade? Have they replaced your modem, as they are now using a newer model?

If they didn't then get on to technical support (1918) and get one sent to you. When you get it connect it up and get them to activate it for you. If this does not resolve your issue then arrange for a service call

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭bastados

cunnijo wrote: »
    Hi

I presume you are referring to Digiweb's Metro, as Diginet is their email service. What kind of speeds are you getting before and after the upgrade? Have they replaced your modem, as they are now using a newer model?

If they didn't then get on to technical support (1918) and get one sent to you. When you get it connect it up and get them to activate it for you. If this does not resolve your issue then arrange for a service call

every time I ring up they give me guff about contention but the thing is I just upgrade to their 30mb package and oddly it seems the problem has escalated...I was on 8mb getting 1-5ish but now am barely getting a signal at all.
    2471954151.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭cunnijo

bastados wrote: »
    every time I ring up they give me guff about contention but the thing is I just upgrade to their 30mb package and oddly it seems the problem has escalated...I was on 8mb getting 1-5ish but now am barely getting a signal at all.
    2471954151.png

Hi

This is outrageous. What are they playing at? The contention for Metro Express is I understand 30:1. So the excuse does not wash at all. How far are you from the Drogheda base station? The range is usually betweem 10-15 km before real signal loss.

I have the service here in Naas and I had issues shortly after I upgraded to 30MB (Metro Express). However I emailed technical support and dealt with Jason, who told me what was happening until my issue was resolved, which so far is working fine. Here is a sample of what I get on average from the Naas base station.

2471985927.png2457558890.png

My advice is do not take any crap from them. Get an engineer sent out to check your setup. It is a possability that the radio on your roof could be faulty or misaligned and maybe get it replaced along with your modem. Then replacing the modem may solve all. If you are back on to tech support try and get either Jason or Susan. They I found were the most helpful and were able to get things sorted.

Let me know how you get on.

Regards

PS. Try another speed test from a different ISP (UPC for example - http://www.upc.ie/broadband/speedtest/) and see if there is any difference. Speedtest.net ratings are completely off the scale and are very misleading.

Thanks ,its good getting a different perspective on the situation. Just this morning am informed they have an engineer calling out in a few days..at last.

As you say its probably down to the box on the rooftop as its been there a few years now. I'll post up again after the visit..fingers crossed something gets fixed.

So....where are we at now? sorry about taking so long to get back , I was a bit well and trully pissed off after the engineer's visit.

I asked the engineer how I could get a better quality service and he said "change your provider" ...well F that...He checked my line and said the quality was the best I'd get and was pretty spot on and that the issues ,the main problem, was simply contention...which would explain all the trouble.

He pointed out there are over 800 customers using a system that only caters to 500 max...overcrowding is the trouble in a nutshell.

Having annoyed the crap outta customer service they claimed that the system is due an update this year and that should fix the recurring data loss..which frankly seems is a lot less contended at the min thankfully but that's the only light at the end of the tunnel.

• Advertisement
Advertisement