Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apartments in Waterford

Options
  • 28-01-2013 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭

Considering moving to Waterford in the summer, and looking for a nice quite place to rent an apartment.

What are the apartments in Ozier Park like and what's the area like in General?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Rough enough these days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

kryogen wrote: »
    Rough enough these days
    Really?

I know a good few people who live up that area in the houses and it seems a grand area. Are the apartments rented out to students?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

deisedave wrote: »
    Really?

I know a good few people who live up that area in the houses and it seems a grand area. Are the apartments rented out to students?

I guess I mean more toward the poleberry side, but yeah, heard plenty of stories about that area over the last year or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Abracastabya

kryogen wrote: »

I guess I mean more toward the poleberry side, but yeah, heard plenty of stories about that area over the last year or so.

Where would you's recommend looking for a nice two bed apt, budget of 500-550 max..

Cheers lads

Edit: 27 year old going back to college so not too far from WIT would be ideal although I will have the car

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Faq

I lived in Ozier park apartments its quite enough the landlord live in the building so you have any problem you can text her Tesco only a few mins walk never had any trouble in that area

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Have ye a good reason for moving to Waterford? if not id stay away, nothing doing here!

Have ye a good reason for moving to Waterford? if not id stay away, nothing doing here!

The way your talking we might as well knock the bridge and just give up. Waterford is a lovely place to live and the W.I.T. is also another attraction for the city. The city has felt some pain but it's not half as bad as the way a lot of the whingers are saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Abracastabya

I do as I said its possible I'll be attending WIT in September so just trying to figure out a decent place to consider moving if all goes well.

I do as I said its possible I'll be attending WIT in September so just trying to figure out a decent place to consider moving if all goes well.

Ah right well if you do then theres a quite little housing estate just accross from the college called BALLYBEG youd get a lovely little house in there for cheap enough!

Maybe Try Lismore it would also be close! but your probably wanting to live near the city

The way your talking we might as well knock the bridge and just give up. Waterford is a lovely place to live and the W.I.T. is also another attraction for the city. The city has felt some pain but it's not half as bad as the way a lot of the whingers are saying.

Ah comon! get real will ye! Theres no jobs no guards no shops their all closing and if you get sick and go to hospital you come out sicker than ye were not to mention the down grades, crimes is up and so are the radon levels in the homes youll be staying in no matter where ye live in the city!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Creamsoda

Ah comon! get real will ye! Theres no jobs no guards no shops their all closing and if you get sick and go to hospital you come out sicker than ye were not to mention the down grades, crimes is up and so are the radon levels in the homes youll be staying in no matter where ye live in the city!

If you hate it here so much, why don't you leave? Give us all a bit of peace and quite.

Wish i could, tell ye what, do a whip round pay for the house i bought thats now worth less than half of what i paid and then ill leave! cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭LETS BE AVN IT

Wish i could, tell ye what, do a whip round pay for the house i bought thats now worth less than half of what i paid and then ill leave! cheers!
    I say your some craic to go for a drink with haha

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Creamsoda

Or you could spend less time on here trolling , earn the money and then leave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Tim the Enchanter

Change the record will ya lad. The op has a legitimate reason for moving to Waterford so a little bit of advice might help. No one forced you to pay what you did for your house, thousands more are also in your position but are getting on with life and not whinging at every available opportunity.

Ah i know, i just needed to lash out!

Creamsoda wrote: »
    Or you could spend less time on here trolling , earn the money and then leave.

Wow that really does seem very simple, I never thought of that!:eek:

Yeah Waterford is crap because you made bad financial decisions. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭roxyworldgirl

Railway square apartments are top class .. Within your budget and there's a car park :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭south

spankmemunkey has a house going for cheap.. Sounds like he's mad to get out of here.

• Advertisement

Yeah Waterford is crap because you made bad financial decisions. :D

Yeah that too and all the other things i said are true aswell.

Sorry folks im just pee'd off here, Im a foreigner and im not happy here but im stuck, got on the property ladder and now im stuck, not like i can sell now and move, i know theres alot of other people in my boat but its harder when your not from here and you cant go home most likely for the rest of your life,

Not expecting sympathy from anybody so expect me to be as critical as ever! :D

Sob over!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,771 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Sorry folks im just pee'd off here, Im a foreigner and im not happy here but im stuck, got on the property ladder and now im stuck, not like i can sell now and move, i know theres alot of other people in my boat but its harder when your not from here and you cant go home most likely for the rest of your life,

Sob over!

You sure don't write like a foreigner.

Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Sob over!

Surely when you bought your property in the first place, you were planning to stay around for a very long time?

Finnbar01 wrote: »
    Surely when you bought your property in the first place, you were planning to stay around for a very long time?

Not really, we thought it would be a stepping stone, and didnt see the collapse that happened, supose like lots of people didnt. we didnt think this would be our first and last home, which is how it looks now, we didnt plan to stay for ever we thought that it would be okay here not thinking it would be always so good but not to drop so bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Not really, we thought it would be a stepping stone, and didnt see the collapse that happened, supose like lots of people didnt. we didnt think this would be our first and last home, which is how it looks now, we didnt plan to stay for ever we thought that it would be okay here not thinking it would be always so good but not to drop so bad.

When did you buy your house if you don't mind me asking?

Advertisement