Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uk money transfer to pay for vehicle ?

Options
  • 28-01-2013 11:54pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭

Hi,

what can BOI offer in instant or near instant payment (bank funds transfer)for a vehicle into a vendors/sellers UK bank a/c to pay for a vehicle in the Uk. 

What can you offer in this scenario and what are the charges? The amount is for approx €7000 to be transferred.

Please advise.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Jogathon

I paid for my car that i imported in from England using my Visa card. I had pre-arranged a large transaction (€12000) on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Thats by far the cheapest way. Goin wiuth a bank transfer could be expensive as there will be charges here and in the UK to be covered.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Jogathon wrote: »
    I paid for my car that i imported in from England using my Visa card. I had pre-arranged a large transaction (€12000) on it.

Thanks jogathon, yeah, thats an option ...but it not my money i'm spending, its a clients money.
    Thats by far the cheapest way. Goin wiuth a bank transfer could be expensive as there will be charges here and in the UK to be covered.

Thanks, but as abouve, I'm not concerned about charges (within reason), just want a solution.

Can someone in BOI please respond.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi MidlandsM,

Thanks for getting in touch.

One option available is our Interpayexpress service. Using this service your payment will typically reach the payee's bank on the same day, provided we receive the application form before the relevant cut off time. The cut off time for Sterling payments is 10am.

Interpayexpress can be requested in branch and you would need to have the payee's address, IBAN, BIC/Swift, bank name and address. The charges are currently;

Payments sent in Euro - €25.35 
    Payments in Sterling - €12.70 plus 0.2% of the value with a minimum charge of €8.85 and maximum of €36.80.

The following is taken from our Schedule of international transaction charges, regarding foreign bank charges:

For Euro payments going to EU member states, charges can only be shared. So the sender of the payment pays BOI charges and the payee pays the receiving bank charges. For all other payments, where you have indicated on the Interpay form that you wish to pay foreign bank charges, €7 will be applied to your account. This covers charges levied by a foreign bank up to the amount of €20. If however, the foreign bank charges exceed €20, then you will be retrospectively charged with the difference. Some banks have no upper limit on payment charges and can typically take up to 4 weeks for these charges to be passed to BOI customers. On occasion this can take considerably longer.

You could also transfer the amount online if you are registered for 365Online. There is no charge on our side for international transfers within the EU using this service. The payee details would need to be added as an International Payee and then activated using a security code sent to you by post. The daily transfer limit for payees activated with a security code sent by post is €12000. An international transfer requested before the 3.30pm cut off time on a banking day are with the receiving bank the following working day. We have more information on making International Payments through 365Online available here.

Hope this helps, but if you do have any further questions please let us know.

Thanks
    Tara

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Hi MidlandsM,

Thanks for getting in touch.

One option available is our Interpayexpress service. Using this service your payment will typically reach the payee's bank on the same day, provided we receive the application form before the relevant cut off time. The cut off time for Sterling payments is 10am.

Interpayexpress can be requested in branch and you would need to have the payee's address, IBAN, BIC/Swift, bank name and address. The charges are currently;

Payments sent in Euro - €25.35 
    Payments in Sterling - €12.70 plus 0.2% of the value with a minimum charge of €8.85 and maximum of €36.80.

The following is taken from our Schedule of international transaction charges, regarding foreign bank charges:

For Euro payments going to EU member states, charges can only be shared. So the sender of the payment pays BOI charges and the payee pays the receiving bank charges. For all other payments, where you have indicated on the Interpay form that you wish to pay foreign bank charges, €7 will be applied to your account. This covers charges levied by a foreign bank up to the amount of €20. If however, the foreign bank charges exceed €20, then you will be retrospectively charged with the difference. Some banks have no upper limit on payment charges and can typically take up to 4 weeks for these charges to be passed to BOI customers. On occasion this can take considerably longer.

You could also transfer the amount online if you are registered for 365Online. There is no charge on our side for international transfers within the EU using this service. The payee details would need to be added as an International Payee and then activated using a security code sent to you by post. The daily transfer limit for payees activated with a security code sent by post is €12000. An international transfer requested before the 3.30pm cut off time on a banking day are with the receiving bank the following working day. We have more information on making International Payments through 365Online available here.

Hope this helps, but if you do have any further questions please let us know.

Thanks
    Tara

Thanks Tara,

great reply.....

a good help.

Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement