Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "what the hell do I call my training log?" training log...

Options
1181920212224»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Ye mad eegit ye! That’s a pretty impressive time considering all your injuries over the last couple of months. Delighted you got your marathon medal for 2013 and hope you haven’t been turned off running for life!

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭docjewel

Dilbert75 wrote: »
    Alfa vs Skoda? That's the only way it's gonna happen!

Ye're going pushing cars up the hill:D:D:D now you've really lost the RUN of yourself.
    Well done Dilbert & pass on my congrats to Mrs D too,thats quite a comopetive household there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Gavlor

For possibly my last run of 2013, I decided to abandon common sense and run DCM. And, though it wasn't fast and it wasn't pretty, at least I've now finished one marathon this year! :D

You what now??!!

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭upthe19th

docjewel wrote: »
    Ye're going pushing cars up the hill:D:D:D now you've really lost the RUN of yourself.
    Well done Dilbert & pass on my congrats to Mrs D too,thats quite a comopetive household there.

Ah Jaysus doc, sure that would be pure madness. Lets not be silly.......we're gonna pull them up it of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

For possibly my last run of 2013, I decided to abandon common sense and run DCM. And, though it wasn't fast and it wasn't pretty, at least I've now finished one marathon this year! :D

Jasis, you disguised that well afterwards!! :eek: I didn't even see you in shorts! Or maybe I just didn't notice it! I must have taken nothing out of you!

Well done and great that you got to finish one this year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

It's fairly taken something out of me today - stiff as a poker!

It's fairly taken something out of me today - stiff as a poker!

Like myself! :D

ncmc wrote: »
    Delighted you got your marathon medal for 2013
    blockic wrote: »
    great that you got to finish one this year!

Actually it was partly for me to have done one after all the training but also partly because, prior to GLR, I raised some sponsorship money based on me finishing it. None of the sponsors asked for the money back when I DNF'd but I promised myself I'd keep my part of the bargain. I had planned to do Clon (thanks to NCMC) 5 weeks later but I met another Boardsie at the Expo on Sunday and he told me he'd done the 10k and it was tough going. So I pretty much decided then...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Beef

Fair play to you Dilbert. No mean feat considering your injuries in the run up. How are the old injuries now?

My right calf (i.e. the injured bit) is the only part of my body from the oxters down that didn't hurt yesterday! :eek: My physio was tickled pink over that. :D

Today wasn't much better than yesterday but tomorrow will be good I think.

• Advertisement

Ok so DCM turned out not to be my last run of 2013. Then again I wasn't planning to be woken up at 3.20 this morning and unable to go back asleep. So by 5.30 I said I'd try a Career_Move / Runchick effort and did my first post-DCM run of 8.5k in around 55 mins (I think). To be fair it wks lovely morning for running and it was lovely to be out when it was so quiet. But I'm sure that once I get to about 12pm I'll wish I'd stayed in bed.

Not having much joy with regular running. Gear has been ready for the last couple of days but only got out for 40 mins tonight for the first time, between digesting dinner & Daddy duty. Still it was a little over 7km that I wouldn't have got done otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,457 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Ah, Daddy duty. It's a miracle that we get out at all. :D

Ok so a strange pattern is emerging with my running. 4 out of the last 5 of my runs were before breakfast. Spent the last 3 days in Dusseldorf at a trade show and made sure to bring the gear. Up each morning for a run down to and alongside the Rhine on an out-and-back course. Got a wee bit diverted (i.e. lost) the first morning but managed to find my way both other days. Took ages for the watch to get signal in the city centre so I just ran to feel and to time. Got about 50, 40 and 60 mins done, today being the longest and the best. Unfortunately the three days of solid walking have left my legs and feet in ribbons, so it might be bike-only for the next couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Ok so a strange pattern is emerging with my running. 4 out of the last 5 of my runs were before breakfast. Spent the last 3 days in Dusseldorf at a trade show and made sure to bring the gear. Up each morning for a run down to and alongside the Rhine on an out-and-back course. Got a wee bit diverted (i.e. lost) the first morning but managed to find my way both other days. Took ages for the watch to get signal in the city centre so I just ran to feel and to time. Got about 50, 40 and 60 mins done, today being the longest and the best. Unfortunately the three days of solid walking have left my legs and feet in ribbons, so it might be bike-only for the next couple of days.

Please tell me that you visited at least one of the brewery's in the old town?!

Or that you had a steak in the slaughter house??!!!

Gavlor wrote: »
    Please tell me that you visited at least one of the brewery's in the old town?!

Or that you had a steak in the slaughter house??!!!

We did spend the evenings in the old town, so the Zum Schlussel brewery was visited. Schumacher alt was across the road from our hotel so we visited them yesterday before we left. Not being a beer drinker I didn't partake myself though, although I did undertake a pretty comprehensive survey of gluhwein standards!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

Must have been the week for trade fairs. There was one in Frankfurt this week too. I wasn't attending but the plane home was packed because of it.

Our flights were the same both out and back - on Tuesday night they were looking for volunteers to take a diverted route as the flight was overbooked. On the way back on Friday night they left 3 people behind in Dusseldorf for the same reason.

No running since Friday but did 62k on the bike today.

What's the story training wise c? What you up to apart from trying to clog up my log with dark arts peddling and mental trickery ;) ?

Calves are tighter than an accountants' convention and work is busier than a beehive. Embarking now on a programme of punishment by marathon stick. Didn't run at the weekend and earliest I'll get out this week is probably Wednesday. Pulled out of Senior Cross-country on Sun as a result too. Must get the bike going a bit more too and time to start hitting the pool too.

• Advertisement

Calves are tighter than an accountants' convention and work is busier than a beehive. Embarking now on a programme of punishment by marathon stick. Didn't run at the weekend and earliest I'll get out this week is probably Wednesday. Pulled out of Senior Cross-country on Sun as a result too. Must get the bike going a bit more too and time to start hitting the pool too.

That's a bad combination of calves and work in fairness. The variation of training will sort at least one of those out. Pity about the cc, another time.

Depending on how things are going i may be passing your way Saturday or Sunday if you want to meet for part of it and a go at sliabh coillte. Let me know how your fixed. It won't be major.

Sunday is out. Saturday is a maybe. Let me know your plans closer the time.

Sunday is out. Saturday is a maybe. Let me know your plans closer the time.

Will do. Saturday is more likely at the moment. Sunday could be club. Be in touch later in the week.

If there's anyone left still following this log,myself included, I hope you've a very happy Christmas and 2014. Hopefully the next few months will have less exercise-tumbleweed than the last few.

Since my last post, I've had a 5k St. Stephen's Day fun run (accompanied by my 8 year old daughter on her Christmas roller blades so it was pretty leisurely) and an 11.5km run with Mrs. D on Saturday. I've also had 3 swims in the new pool in town here and have on each occasion managed 30 lengths (though not without stopping). And if these bloody storms :( would ever abate I might get out on the bike.

BTW I'll be logging all my multi-sport activities elsewhere from now on so the tumbleweed may start to blow through here pretty soon. Never say never - I'll be back if I should find that I don't much like the feel of lycra and rubber as I think I will.... :D

Get out!! ;) ...I always knew it. Bloody kms.

Best of luck with it and enjoy those coffee and cake stop offs on the weekend cycles! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Runchick

Aw best of luck with the lycra but come back and visit us :)

TBH A I suspect you're a prime candidate for Tri - you're a handy swimmer and runner and have done a bit of cycling and will have plenty of support from R if you decide to give it a go..... Go on, you know you want to... ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Runchick

TBH A I suspect you're a prime candidate for Tri - you're a handy swimmer and runner and have done a bit of cycling and will have plenty of support from R if you decide to give it a go..... Go on, you know you want to... ;):D

Outta here with ya! I'll never do the lycra :p

• Advertisement

Advertisement