Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

crysis 3 open beta?

• 29-01-2013 12:49am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

cant see it anywere
    used the search engine as well , if anyone can point me in the direction that would be great
    just incase

its out tomorrow 29th have no idea what time

seriously looking forward to this
    anyone have a time its released?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Your name and location amuse me somewhat

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

was a joke for a thread in AH and eh worked :P never bothered changing it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭sombaht

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,464 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I hated Crysis 2 mp. Any point downloading the beta to 3?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Its very twitch play, you will get owned a few times and people pulling off what seem impossible shots and its very fast moving.

Dont think im a fan.

• Advertisement

liking it at the moment
    hunter mode is done great
    although seems as if its always one sided
    hunters need to be toned down abit and given more armour i think
    lets say 2 arrows a kill shot 1 for a head shot
    more armour so it balances out the pray and spray of the machine gun or what ever the cells are using

first thoughts though , wont be a release day pickup but will get it , even for the story because its enjoyable
    fast paced which i like
    not seeing it being worth 59.99
    if it goes for 45 i would happily pick it up

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Had a quick try. Seems fine from a gameplay point of view but I'm more interested in picking this up for singleplayer. Looks to be graphically better than Crysis 2 and it has more graphics tweaking options than 2 did at launch. Its doesn't stand out visually as much as Crysis 1 did at the time.

Anyway I'm picking this up. Its going for €29.99 on G2play, which seems like the best deal. Probably no pre-order stuff with that deal but its all multiplayer tat I have no interest in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,464 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

That must be the best price around for Crysis 3

Yeah dont get me wrong it looks gorgeous im just not a fan of DM.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

The closed alpha was boring and dull. I'll probably pick it up cheap for single player, nothing more.

Yeah dont get me wrong it looks gorgeous im just not a fan of DM.

no dm in the beta
    wish their was cause theirs to much going on in crashsite
    the areas are only their for like 20 seconds then bam its another area

Sorry that TDM style Crashsite.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Downloading this now. Origin isn't a very good piece of software.

I'd rather I didn't have to use it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I hate Origin.

Also not overly impressed With Crysis 3 MP. Looks decent, but just disappointing that even maxed out it still isn't as striking as Crysis was.... 5 years ago. That said, will have to reserve final judgement for the SP which is where it should shine visually.

I hate Origin.

Also not overly impressed With Crysis 3 MP. Looks decent, but just disappointing that even maxed out it still isn't as striking as Crysis was.... 5 years ago. That said, will have to reserve final judgement for the SP which is where it should shine visually.

What do you mean by striking?

Crysis at the time of its release was a bigger leap visually from its contemporaries than Crysis 3 would appear to be, judging from what I've seen from the beta and trailers.

That said its still an excellent looking game.

The PC version does look to be a step up from Crysis 2 at least.

All you can ask for is an improvement.

It would be quite the feat for Crysis 3 to be a massive improvement on 2 given that they use the same engine.
    What they really need to improve on is the gameplay. Crysis 2 was good but there's the ingredients for GOTY in Crysis somewhere or at least FPS OTY.

I've downloaded MSI Afterburner just in case I need some extra juice. It can run 2 at 1080p at what I'm guessing is more than 30 fps on ultra so hopefully it won't be any trouble.

If I really like MP I might get it when it comes out. Otherwise I'll just wait 6 months and get it for a third of the price like I did for 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I'm running it at 1080p and everything on 'very high', and while it looks good, it's not jaw dropping. I remember playing Crysis when it first came out, it was nothing short of breathtaking. I suppose the difference being that back then you needed a €400 card to even approach highest settings, Crysis 2 and 3 on the other hand are relatively hardware friendly and can be maxed out on a €150 card. I'll still hold judgement until the SP. I thought Crysis 2 was OK but I much preferred Crysis original and Warhead.

Crysis 1 got hammered for being too difficult to run. People refused to run it on a mix of medium and high settings. The game was not designed to run at max settings with the then current generation of hardware. Even €400 graphics cards at the time would of struggled to max it out.

So they went the opposite way with Crysis 2. Which was easy to max out at the time. However the DX11 patch and high res textures pack make it much tougher to run. I don't think a €150 card would run it max settings at 1080p.

• Advertisement

I feel like I'm missing something.

Are you supposed to die if you get hit once?

Armour mode doesn't appear to make any difference.

I wasn't dying in 1 hit. Maybe people have unlocked better weapons that kill faster by now.

It's all a bit bewildering for a noob like myself.

I got to grips a bit better with it but it still seems quite easy to die.

The shotgun seems a bit overpowered.

Gbear wrote: »
    It's all a bit bewildering for a noob like myself.

I got to grips a bit better with it but it still seems quite easy to die.

The shotgun seems a bit overpowered.

really? opposite for me
    i cant kill any bastard at all :pac: its like halo4 except their health is double of what it is in that , could be connections though not sure

really only liking hunter mode at the moment

Hunter mode is terrifying :D

Feels like it could get a little repetitive though.

Not sure where the depth is in it. Be a good laugh to play with mates.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Played this for a bit last night. I was a big fan of the MP in Crysis 2 I have have to say. Put many hours into it and maxed out to lvl 50 online. Really did enjoy it. I didn't stray too far from the TDM and DM game modes in that though.

Have to say I didn't like this at all. I found it very buggy. Couple of game breaking bugs occurred for me where I either got stuck under the map or just couldn't fire my gun at all. brutal flaws really. The Lobby system is still pretty poor, as it was in Crysis 2. Even though there seemed to be plenty of people online I was still sitting there for ages waiting for a game to start.

Other than that I didn't really like it. I liked the maps and environments but it felt like something was definitely missing from it. can't see myself bothering to go back to it. Unless this gets 9/10 reviews I think I'll be skipping it. Disappointing

djkeogh wrote: »
    Played this for a bit last night. I was a big fan of the MP in Crysis 2 I have have to say. Put many hours into it and maxed out to lvl 50 online. Really did enjoy it. I didn't stray too far from the TDM and DM game modes in that though.

Have to say I didn't like this at all. I found it very buggy. Couple of game breaking bugs occurred for me where I either got stuck under the map or just couldn't fire my gun at all. brutal flaws really. The Lobby system is still pretty poor, as it was in Crysis 2. Even though there seemed to be plenty of people online I was still sitting there for ages waiting for a game to start.

Other than that I didn't really like it. I liked the maps and environments but it felt like something was definitely missing from it. can't see myself bothering to go back to it. Unless this gets 9/10 reviews I think I'll be skipping it. Disappointing

To be fair, it is the beta.
    I haven't encountered any bugs myself. Is there a bug report function in the game? Sorting that sort of stuff out is the point of it doing a beta, I would think.

I agree about the lobby. I haven't been bothering with it and I've just gone to quick game mostly.

One thing that does annoy me is how much waffle there is. When you finish the game you can't just go and play another. You have to sit through the replays and the xp screen. I can see that getting progressively more annoying the more you play it.

They should really scrap the replays (or give an option to) and they could probably do with a more elegant and less intrusive solution for the XP screen at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Yea I should have mentioned that some of the bugs where there in Crysis 2 as well. I accept it's a beta and they'll likely iron things out.

I had played Quick Match as well but found myself plopped into a lobby waiting for players to join more times than not. The same thing was a big issue in Crysis 2. Often took a good few mins to get into a game but once in it was fine.

Bugs and stuff aside, it's not appealing to me. Neither of those game modes really interested me at all. The potential is there, like someone else mentioned, for one of the best FPS games on the market, but I don't think this is going to be it I'm afraid. Prove me wrong EA.

You should try Shotgun and cloak tactic, its super op.

• Advertisement

You should try Shotgun and cloak tactic, its super op.

I dunno is there some module that makes cloak more effective but I usually just get shot when I'm cloaked and die.

I'm weighing up what's the best tactic when you come into close quarters with an enemy - jump up and down like a nanosuit-wearing rabbit to avoid getting shot or stand still and aim so as to actually be able to hit the other person.

Advertisement