Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Less Talk More Action

Options
  • 29-01-2013 12:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I have been reading other training logs on here for the last few months and thought i might as well start my own to keep me on track. I have really enjoyed the other training logs and have found them to be very helpful and motivating.

Me

Male, 30, living in Galway

Running Background

I have been running on and off for the last couple of years. I ran the Connemara Half Marathon in 2010 for the craic with practically no training (not a nice experience). No races since then and very inconsistent running. Got my act together towards the end of last year and started running fairly regurlarly but had no real focus or motivation.

2013 is the year that i stop talking about, running, what races i'm going to run, times i'm going to do etc. and actually go out and run them. My main target in 2013 is the Dublin Marathon. I'm planning on running other races along the way. I need to have race targets in my head or i'll revert back to my old self. The following are what i have planned so far -

• Craughwell 10 mile
    • Connemara Half Marathon (goal race)
    • Great Limerick Run (Half)
    • Athlone Half
    • Athlone 3/4
    • Dublin Marathon

PB's V. Targets 2013

DCM is the main aim and will be my first Marathon. I hope to run the above races and others that suit along the way. Going to make these targets as tough as possible while still being realistic :rolleyes:

Distance..........PB.........Target

5km................22:31.....19:29
    10km..............46:30.....39:59
    10 Mile............N/A........1:12:30
    Half Marathon..1:49:00..1:29:59
    Marathon.........N/A.......3:19:59

As i've already said i have enjoyed reading other training logs and gotten great information from them. Any inputs, observations, comments, advice etc. are most welcome and apreciated. Hopefully this log will motivate me to put in the hard work and i will be able to look back on it fond memories biggrin.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 OscarTango

Monday 28.01.13

7 Miles - 7.55min/mile

Easy enough run, weather was horrendous, strong wind and rain, was looking out the window wondering whether to go out or not, sucked it up and got on with it (drowned rat)

Tuesday 29.01.13

8 Miles - Easy - 8.40min/mile

Easy run

Wednesday 30.01.13

8 Miles - 7.20/mile

Ran the first 2 miles at 8.00min/mile pace, legs felt v. good so put the boot down, went better than i was expecting...New PB for 10K @ 44m 44s:D
    Happy out.

WTD: 23
    YTD: 122

Advertisement