Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sydney Accommodation

Options
  • 29-01-2013 12:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭

As my username suggests I will shortly be making the leap down under to Sydney. I have been there twice before while travelling so know the tourist areas quite well. However I was hoping posters on here could inform me about good places to live in Sydney.

Initially I am looking at Coogee, it’s in the 250 – 300 mark, sometimes you get a room to yourself and other times it’s sharing a room which I’m less keen to do. I know the more West you go the cheaper the rent so I was hoping people could recommend suitable areas. I would like the beach and water activities lifestyle so being near there would be great although I would sacrifice this if these areas turned out to be a rip off compared to other inland suburbs. Cheers folks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭lg123

im down in cronulla, love it here. got the beach, royal national park nearby, and not too far from the CBD. cheaper rent than cogee or bondi, i have a big 2 bed apartment, double garage, $450 pw. and if you need another reason, the shire has its own show: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAD8mDPsmg0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

Going to look into Cronulla alright. I must admit rent in Sydney, and this is only sharing a room, appears expensive. Min $250 plus bills, will keep looking anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 observed

I'm in Miranda Myself (about 5km from Cronulla) Rent is definitely cheaper and the quality of unit is far better. Also there is a good train servvice into the city so if your are working in the city it is just 50 minutes every morning/evening.

Advertisement