Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bathroom tiles fell off wall - what can I do?

Options
  • 29-01-2013 1:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭

Hey guys just wondering what should i do here and where do i stand...just looking for advice..
    me and my partner are renting privately in this house for the past 3 and half years.weve never been late with rent,given the landlord any hassle and never see or hear from him which is a good thing and really we are lucky to have should a great landlord..this this evening after working 12hours i came home from work,ran a bath and i was relaxing in it when all of a sudden tiles fell off the wall into the bath and cut my leg needless to say the corner of the tile caught my leg and i ended up in AnE with 5stitches..im outta work now for the rest of the week and i wont be paid and had to pay 120e for the hospital just wondering should i alert the landlord over what happened and get him to fix the tiles or just leave them?sorry about the long post :eek: im not worried over the money or loss of wages just wondering wht should i do

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭budgemook

Hey guys just wondering what should i do here and where do i stand...just looking for advice..
    me and my partner are renting privately in this house for the past 3 and half years.weve never been late with rent,given the landlord any hassle and never see or hear from him which is a good thing and really we are lucky to have should a great landlord..this this evening after working 12hours i came home from work,ran a bath and i was relaxing in it when all of a sudden tiles fell off the wall into the bath and cut my leg needless to say the corner of the tile caught my leg and i ended up in AnE with 5stitches..im outta work now for the rest of the week and i wont be paid and had to pay 120e for the hospital just wondering should i alert the landlord over what happened and get him to fix the tiles or just leave them?sorry about the long post :eek: im not worried over the money or loss of wages just wondering wht should i do
    Tell the landlord to get them fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

yeah just ring him let him know whats happened. sounds like a small job to patch up the fallen tiles, not a big deal at all tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭01902

Get them fixed by him/her. You don't want them saying you damaged them when you move out and charging them from your deposit!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

We'd a similar situation in our shower.. called the landlord and he sent a guy over, guy said the plaster behind the shower was f****d so the landlord ripped out the shower and put a new one in. Sweet..

Advertisement