Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much is it to use the UCD gym?

Options
  • 29-01-2013 1:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭

For the past 2 years I remember them promoting deals for students for gym memberships- crazy money compared to other colleges who all provide free gym access.

My friend mentioned that UCD gym is free this year. Is this true?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭M1XR

there are now 2 gyms free for current students on campus...so no excuses now

• Registered Users Posts: 10 smashysmash

it was crunch in previous years, now its all about the new sports centre!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Alkers

There are two gyms now, the gym in the new sports center is open to students except between 17.30 and 20.20 Mon - Thurs - has loads of cardio stuff, a weights section and a good few machines. The Performance gym is in the old sports center and is open to students all week (closed weekends) - this is more weights orientated but still has some cardio stuff. You will have to do an orientation before you are allowed to use either gym, then your student card will allow you access.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭muffinz

Huh, didn't know that at all! Where abouts are the two gyms? I know theres the big one beside the student centre, where is the other one? I'm a very inactive person, I reckon Ive been to a gym to use their machines about twice in my life! Im usually a swimmer. Will I look out of place compared to all the hot bods working out?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Alkers

One gym is in the new sports center just beside the student center. The other one is in the old sports center, 50m further in the direction of the watertower. There's all walks in there and it's really busy at the moment so you won't feel out of place, you'll also have to do your induction so that should help you feel more at ease and you can book your 1 on 1 assessment (free) where they will take your measurements and make you up an exercise program.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭brownlad

muffinz wrote: »
    Huh, didn't know that at all! Where abouts are the two gyms? I know theres the big one beside the student centre, where is the other one? I'm a very inactive person, I reckon Ive been to a gym to use their machines about twice in my life! Im usually a swimmer. Will I look out of place compared to all the hot bods working out?

Hot bods working out ? U mad bro? .... only 10% of the people the go to the gym have a decent physique IMO . the rest are nearly there :P

basicly dont worry about a thing

Advertisement