Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling an eTender

Options
  • 29-01-2013 2:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

I ran an eTender for a part grant funded project In December.

I got two responses and was happy with both but were over my budget.

Is it legal to cancel the eTender and then relist it? I have actually already done this and invited both previous parties to tender again but I feel somehow this maybe illegal and cant seem to get a confirmation either way. Would appreciate some input from someone who knows.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

You can cancel the RFT process at any stage up until contracts are physically signed.

I would assume your published RFT would have had a paragraph along the lines of

"No commitment of any kind, contractual or otherwise will exist unless and until a formal contract has been executed by or on behalf of the xxx. The selection as the preferred bidder under this competition will not give rise to any enforceable rights by the Tenderer. The xxx may cancel the tender process at any time prior to a contract being executed."

Advertisement