Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applying for 2nd year visa (IEC2013) from within Canada.

Options
  • 29-01-2013 4:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭

Hi all , I think it may be a good idea for all of us currently in Canada who want to extend our IEC visa's to have a seperate thread since all the others are packed !

Does anyone know yet do we actually need a garda clearance?
    Anyone know what we options we select with this new kompass ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

Good man,

In the contact info section of phase one they ask

Permanent address (address in country of your citizenship)

and give

Same as mailing address? Same as current address? Other as options

are they looking for an Irish address?

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Tonto86

You need Garda clearance alright, you wont need Canadian Police clearance tho.

Your permanent address is the address in your country of citizenship. I.E. Ireland. You're not considered permanent in Canada, you're a temporary worker. Use the address you used on your last application.

Has anyone filled out the Come to Canada Questionnaire. It tells me im not eligible for any visa. If I fill it in with the same details expect saying I'm in Ireland it offers me the IEC....

Tonto86 wrote: »
    Your permanent address is the address in your country of citizenship. I.E. Ireland. You're not considered permanent in Canada, you're a temporary worker. Use the address you used on your last application.

Yeh I know that, it just seems a little weird as surely some may not have an address in Ireland

Martyn1989 wrote: »
    Yeh I know that, it just seems a little weird as surely some may not have an address in Ireland

True, I used the parents address.

From reading the megathread people are getting the conditional acceptance in 3 hours! Taking a lot of stress off!

True, I used the parents address.

From reading the megathread people are getting the conditional acceptance in 3 hours! Taking a lot of stress off!

Yeh I'm trying to stay away from that, too much stress, its great to have the ball rolling, and it starts again :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Yeh I'm trying to stay away from that, too much stress, its great to have the ball rolling, and it starts again :rolleyes:

I hear ya buddy. How did ya get on with the Come to Canada questionnaire... im wondering is it just me doing something stupid

I hear ya buddy. How did ya get on with the Come to Canada questionnaire... im wondering is it just me doing something stupid

The last I went through it I think it said I wasn't eligible (it dosn't work when you select 'worker' to one of the questions, but does when you select one of the others?), presumed it needed sorting and said I'd leave it until it was necessary, waiting on conditional acceptance, need to get my photos done too, you in Calgary? Know where we can get them done?

I'm over the moon to be getting another 2 years :D it gives us so much more room to go and see and do all the stuff we want aswell as making it easier for getting jobs etc.

Yep, Calgary aswell. Cold today, eh?

Im gettin the girlfriend to take my pic and then just edit it to the size it needs to be. The two years is feckin awesome. I'm working towards being permanent here and the two extra years is gonna make it a hell of a lot easier.

Got my request for payment there, runnin down to the bank to pay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

Pretty sweet for ye alright:D. we may meet up for a few scoops i hope to god to be there in April:D all going well. thanks to tonto and martyn for some solid advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭snoopmadra

what is an IEC kompass account?

• Advertisement

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    Pretty sweet for ye alright:D. we may meet up for a few scoops i hope to god to be there in April:D all going well. thanks to tonto and martyn for some solid advice.

No worries bud, it can be pretty stressful so anything to help, keep asking anything ya need.

We should set up an Irish in Calgary society.... and by that I mean go to the pub

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

Yea fact mate we will be good to have a few to go for few scoops for me bday in April with. i think there is one of Facebook but i don't go on that to much :D i think i have a lot covered i am sure nearer the time i will think of more but for now just trying to get the visa:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

how long ye reckon till the visas are gone?

Yea fact mate we will be good to have a few to go for few scoops for me bday in April with. i think there is one of Facebook but i don't go on that to much :D i think i have a lot covered i am sure nearer the time i will think of more but for now just trying to get the visa:D

We're all in the same boat, bit nerve racking waiting for the visa with the current one running out but sure it'll all work out.
    how long ye reckon till the visas are gone?

By the last few years I would guess about May. There's usually a rush to begin with but then it tapers off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

By the last few years I would guess about May. There's usually a rush to begin with but then it tapers off.

I highly doubt that this year with the speed of the online applications. I reckon they'll be gone by the end of Feb at the latest! Look at the IEC website and see how many have gone just in the space of a few hours.

bopper wrote: »

I highly doubt that this year with the speed of the online applications. I reckon they'll be gone by the end of Feb at the latest! Look at the IEC website and see how many have gone just in the space of a few hours.

People say that every year, ya never know tho. Guess we'll see over the next few months

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Tiddlers

Hey, has anyone applying for their second year IEC paid online through their Canadian bank account? Planning on filling in the application and I'm wondering if it will be possible to pay through my Scotiabank account and what exactly €120 is in $$$ at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭rusheen

So does anyone have any idea , how long it will take to process the visa from start till final grant ? I think last year it was about 4 months ?

I cant understand why we still need a dam police clearance from ireland if we're already in Canada .
    I found last year it was the most frustrating part of the whole process. It's a nightmare trying to get a simple Garda clearance from my local station for absolutely no reason other than it seems its too much effort for them . search a name ,print a sheet, stamp, sign and post .

I'll be waiting months for something I should get right away :mad:

Tiddlers wrote: »
    Hey, has anyone applying for their second year IEC paid online through their Canadian bank account? Planning on filling in the application and I'm wondering if it will be possible to pay through my Scotiabank account and what exactly €120 is in $$$ at the moment.

I did it today in TD, was easy enough. Cost $30 and €120 is $162

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Tiddlers

I did it today in TD, was easy enough. Cost $30 and €120 is $162

I was hoping to get it all done and pay online tonight but I guess I can go to the bank tomorrow .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

Nearly 2000 gone now?

PANIC BUY

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭rusheen

Nearly 2000 gone now?

PANIC BUY

SETTLE

Twill all be grand :)

I've not mine done yet either ! cant get to bank until Friday , can we not pay by card ?

Yep, Calgary aswell. Cold today, eh?

Im gettin the girlfriend to take my pic and then just edit it to the size it needs to be. The two years is feckin awesome. I'm working towards being permanent here and the two extra years is gonna make it a hell of a lot easier.

Got my request for payment there, runnin down to the bank to pay.

Cold is an understatement, I left with out my scarf and was waiting for a bus, my jaw went numb and started to ache, ice started forming on my gloves, it was pretty bad, always be prepared for the weather in Calgary. Where you living, we're in Bankview over in the SW.

Got our request this evening going to go down to HSBC tomorrow and sort it. :D

No bother, as above anything to help out someone making the big move.
    No worries bud, it can be pretty stressful so anything to help, keep asking anything ya need.

We should set up an Irish in Calgary society.... and by that I mean go to the pub

Superb choice of venue!

Yep, they said that last year, theres loads of organised people who are getting in early, but think about it, theres probably 6000 organised people under the age of 35 in Ireland, and they don't all want to go to Canada, the visas will be around for a little while.

Cold is an understatement, I left with out my scarf and was waiting for a bus, my jaw went numb and started to ache, ice started forming on my gloves, it was pretty bad, always be prepared for the weather in Calgary. Where you living, we're in Bankview over in the SW.

Got our request this evening going to go down to HSBC tomorrow and sort it. :D

We we're in bankview, up at 14th & 21ave. Moved up to westbrooke a few months back.

Ya know its cold when your nose hair freezes 10 seconds after ya walk in outside! Chinooks on the way in again tho. Ain't been too bad of a winter

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭snoopmadra

Have you been in Canada under the IEC initiative previously (including through a Recognized Organization)?

whats the answer to this when im only here since october and its my first time here??

thanks,

We we're in bankview, up at 14th & 21ave. Moved up to westbrooke a few months back.

Ya know its cold when your nose hair freezes 10 seconds after ya walk in outside! Chinooks on the way in again tho. Ain't been too bad of a winter

Yeh my gf thinks my nose hairs freezing is the funniest thing ever. I don't find it as amusing.

Ah nice thats out on a LRT line? We're up on 26th Ave, around 17th st, great little area, the perfect distance from 17th Ave.

Yeh I've found the winter very manageable, I havn't needed to buy any gear really, just some thermal socks and a few double layers from Walmart. It dosn't get you down like bad weather at home, but still, the Chinooks are a lifesaver.

Edit: Westbrooke near the Safeway and Walmart? Thats a handy spot!

snoopmadra wrote: »
    Have you been in Canada under the IEC initiative previously (including through a Recognized Organization)?

whats the answer to this when im only here since october and its my first time here??

thanks,

If your currently here on your first IEC visa answer no, as you haven't participated before.

Yeh my gf thinks my nose hairs freezing is the funniest thing ever. I don't find it as amusing.

Ah nice thats out on a LRT line? We're up on 26th Ave, around 17th st, great little area, the perfect distance from 17th Ave.

Yeh I've found the winter very manageable, I havn't needed to buy any gear really, just some thermal socks and a few double layers from Walmart. It dosn't get you down like bad weather at home, but still, the Chinooks are a lifesaver.

Edit: Westbrooke near the Safeway and Walmart? Thats a handy spot!

Ya'd be surprised alright how easy it is to manage. I've been working outside in -22 and have a sweat on with the layers. Bit strange not seeing rain in so long either, think the last time wassepteSeptember!

Right in between the two, handy spot. How'd ya find the work situation?

Ya'd be surprised alright how easy it is to manage. I've been working outside in -22 and have a sweat on with the layers. Bit strange not seeing rain in so long either, think the last time wassepteSeptember!

Right in between the two, handy spot. How'd ya find the work situation?
    I got work easy enough, I've a degree in hospitality management and entrepreneurship from DIT and 4 years bartending from home, I was a week looking for work. The hours are ****ty but the moneys ok because they tip here! The gf graduated as an engineer there and is still looking for something in that field, but picked up some regular work for the time being. Theres mountains of casual jobs out there, its incredible.

I don't envy you working outside on some of these days, but I hear its worth it. We flew in on Nov 5th and it hasn't rained since, its strange alright, it dosn't even snow that much. Probably just aswell.

The one bad thing is we're not near a supermarket and we're not driving here, hiking down the road with a load of groceries in -20 is no fun at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Spiderlfc

Any idea if AIB will charge for the incoming transfer? I did mine through HSBC today, haven't seen it anywhere yet, any ideas?

• Advertisement

I got work easy enough, I've a degree in hospitality management and entrepreneurship from DIT and 4 years bartending from home, I was a week looking for work. The hours are ****ty but the moneys ok because they tip here! The gf graduated as an engineer there and is still looking for something in that field, but picked up some regular work for the time being. Theres mountains of casual jobs out there, its incredible.

I don't envy you working outside on some of these days, but I hear its worth it. We flew in on Nov 5th and it hasn't rained since, its strange alright, it dosn't even snow that much. Probably just aswell.

The one bad thing is we're not near a supermarket and we're not driving here, hiking down the road with a load of groceries in -20 is no fun at all.

Works easy to find alright. I was bartending as well when I first got here. The hours got to me so I packed it in for construction. The -20 can be a bit rough alright but wait till summer hits bro. It was scorching last year. 3 months of 20 to 30 temps. Ya get strangely used to the cold tho, I'm sweating in work if its +8 now!

The drivings handy alright. Get your record from your county council and it will let you skip a lot of the testing, you'all only have to dot the theory and then a pretty easy driving test.

Advertisement