Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CHILD BENEFIT

• 29-01-2013 5:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 259 ✭✭

Hey guys,
    Just wondering is child benefit paid the date baby is born or the date baby is registed?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭van_beano

Hey guys,
    Just wondering is child benefit paid the date baby is born or the date baby is registed?

Hi, it's paid from when baby is registered and backdated, however the 1st month baby is born is not paid ie baby born Jan, benefit starts Feb and so on.

I'm sure there's a Citizen Advice page about it somewhere, I'm too lazy to look it up :)

Got over my laziness http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/social_welfare_payments/social_welfare_payments_to_families_and_children/child_benefit.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭holidaygirl

Hey guys,
    It's not paid the month the child is born at all - it's paid from the next month. Once baby is registered you will get form out to complete and return. I done that straight away with both mine but I still ended up not getting paid the first month on time but got it in arrears no problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 259 ✭✭tdonegan1990

It's not paid the month the child is born at all - it's paid from the next month. Once baby is registered you will get form out to complete and return. I done that straight away with both mine but I still ended up not getting paid the first month on time but got it in arrears no problem.

Baby was born 11/11/12 but not registerd untill Jan 13. So I don't receive benefit for November but would I be entitled for December and januarys pay ? Also I sent away that form last week and still no reply?! Does the process take long?

Sorry for all the qusetions! And thanks so much for your help :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 362 ✭✭Play Bunny

Baby was born 11/11/12 but not registerd untill Jan 13. So I don't receive benefit for November but would I be entitled for December and januarys pay ? Also I sent away that form last week and still no reply?! Does the process take long?

Sorry for all the qusetions! And thanks so much for your help :)
    Yep u get dec/jan....if babs is ur 1st it can take a lil while to process...

Play Bunny wrote: »
    Yep u get dec/jan....if babs is ur 1st it can take a lil while to process...
    Thank You! :D

• Advertisement

Hey guys
    Still waiting for child benefit to come threw for first child. Thought it would have come 2day but no luck.

Anyone know roughly the time it takes to go threw for first child?
    All paper work has been completed and sent in january.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Kaylami

If I remember correctly for my first i got 3 months the first time. she was born June 23. So for July, August and I got September on time. With my second was waiting 6 weeks. Born 1st nov got payment middle of dec for dec.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Mine was born in February, I got my first payment in May. so yeah, 3 months too.

Advertisement