Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

faulty TV

Options
  • 29-01-2013 9:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

i bought a 42inch panasonic telly just under 3 years ago. i have the receipt but i cant find the manual/warranty to go with it. there is a line appearing down one side of the screen and everything to the left of it is faded in comparison to the rest of the picture. can the TV be returned to the shop?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Warranty (more correctly the guarantee) is with the manufacturer and is likely up by now. Even if it's not your first port of call should always be the retailer.

Your statutory rights with the retailer are more than likely still good. Take it back to the shop and ask them to resolve it. They will more than likely tell you it's out of warranty - but that's not really your problem. If they refuse to help you may have to go down the route of the small claims court.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

I know you said you cannot find the paperwork, but I dont suppose you got the extra 5 yr warranty that Panasonic were giving away for a while.

While you do have rights under the sale of goods act, that 5 year warranty would save you a lot of hassle.

Perhaps the shop has a record of the sale on their system?

Advertisement