Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Late Charges etc

• 29-01-2013 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hey guys,
    I'm looking to switch over to UPC, but I want to pay by Post Office. I know about the €3 "service charge" for not using Direct Debit, but can anyone tell me if there are charges for being late with part of the bill? I pay bills in bits and pieces as I can, and I've never not paid a bill, but on the rare occasion it can take me a week or so after the due date to clear it. What does UPC do in these cases?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 59 ✭✭AlanMc86

As you said there is the €3.75 charge for non direct debit but there is also a €12.50 late payment fee. Now this isn't always applied and you would be notified of it before hand to give you a chance to sort it out like if you were going into suspension etc. Paying in the Post Office is slow, takes a few days to come in but the lads in billing will take the reference number over the phone and log it on your account. I haven't seen the late fee applied much but it can happen.

http://support.upc.ie/app/answers/detail/a_id/135/~/late-payment-fee

I can get more details later if you want, I work for them just not in billing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Golduck

Thanks for the reply, it sounds like it might be more reasonable than what I was worrying about. I had this idea that it might be completely automated so if a bill wasn't paid in full by the due date I might immediately be liable for a high penalty charge and/or disconnection. For all Eircom's faults I have always found them understanding about part of a bill being paid slightly after the due date. But they request reference numbers too so that's no problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 59 ✭✭AlanMc86

You get put into suspension around 21 days after due date. This isn't like Eircom disconnection where you have to pay a reconnection fee. If you are suspended then you must pay the balance or pay part of it and go into a payment plan. If you fail to pay after suspension then the Late charge is applied (approx 5 weeks after due date). Don't think you have anything to worry about, there are plenty of texts and letters sent in the mean time warning you of this.

Advertisement