Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permenant TSB charges

Options
  • 29-01-2013 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Just checked my PTSB current account and I was given my quarterly interest. However being January I had no money in the account and it was in minus figures using the accounts overdraft, so PTSB have actually charged me the interest of €4.52. Can they do this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,632 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Has the overdraft been authorised (ie, did you pay €20 to set it up and €20 a year for it)? If not:
    Unauthorised overdrafts
    Where an account balance exceeds the authorised credit limit, unauthorised overdraft interest is charged on the amount that exceeds the agreed limit. The rate of unauthorised overdraft interest is 12% per annum greater than the Bank’s normal overdraft interest rate. Authorised and unauthorised interest is accrued daily and is charged to accounts quarterly, 14 days after being pre-notified.

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

This will be interest from Sept to Dec. If you were overdrawn in this period these are the charges for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭sidcon

28064212 wrote: »
    Has the overdraft been authorised (ie, did you pay €20 to set it up and €20 a year for it)? If not:
    Yeah it is an authorised overdraft but I see from the end of your quote it is charged on authorised overdrafts as eel so will kust take the fees charged. Thanks for your reply

Advertisement