Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite player

Options
  • 29-01-2013 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Who's been your favourite player in Madden since you start playing in the franchise ? I mean was it Adrian Peterson when you had him, Ray Lewis ? , Tom Brady ? Or some rookie you drafted in the first round ?

For me it's either Derrick Johnson at MLB in madden 12 . He was so quick and I was able to make so many tackles for a loss with him or Danny Woodhead , I can't describe how happy I was to get him in this franchise. In madden 12 I averaged 10 yards a carry with him in season 1 .

This madden he's an excellent runner but he's also a great receiving option as well .

Ahhhh memories

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Reed Ammons, a second round rookie SS on the PFL, not a superstar but a very consistent player.

Quinston Williams MLB 1st round pick in the PFL.. Awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

For me it has to be Ed Reed in Madden 13. He pretty much takes the long ball out of the opposition's gameplan because anything thrown towards him is likely to be a pick. It'll be a sad day when he goes.

Torrey Smith get an honourable mention for being an absolute demon on a streak.

In Madden 12, my time with Sidney Rice was short but very sweet. Goal line fade, put it up there, and he'd bring it down. Legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

I have a few. I loved my Giants team in Madden 12, except for Mendenhall!! Mario Williams was awesome. I drafted an excellent MLB Kenyon Hubert going into season 3 and he was the missing piece my defense needed. I also had a DE called Shanon Holmes who led the league in sacks

This Steelers team is pretty good too. I love Mike Wallace. I have never had an "elite" receiver before and it makes all the difference. I had Greg Little in my Giants team and just ask Mike what that is like!!

Picked up a HB in the 3rd round of the draft this year and he could also make his way onto this list by the end of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Mine had to be MLB Karlos Dansby in Madden 12 for the Bewildering Bengals.

He did absolutely everything, and set the tone for a good defense. Always in the right place to make tackles, popped up with interceptions, sacks and forced fumbles. Was one of a very LB's able to cover TE's even half decently.

In M13, it has to be another 'backer (maybe this shows my inability on offense), ROLB DeMarcus Ware. He is an absolute beast. Constantly in the backfield either pressuring QB or sacking him, tackling the HB for loss and generally causing mayhem.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Joe Hayden is my favourite player on Madden 13, but I don't have him in the boards league.
    Patrick Willis from Madden 12 is my favourite all time player.

Of my current Lions team I hate each and every one of them, even Megatron who is now in my bad books after fumbling at crucial time recently.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Joe Haden is indeed a beast
    Best player for the Browns last season by a mile

My favourite player is D'Qwell Jackson MLB
    He's the key man in my 4-3 :)
    Great against the run and also in coverage.
    Clocked up a few picks last season and when he got a pick against the Titans in Week 1 he was barelling over the recievers and their weak attempts to bring him down

Best player in Madden 13 I think is Ladarius Webb
    Throw the ball near him and he'll defend or intercept it.
    etloveslsd wrote: »
    I had Greg Little in my Giants team and just ask Mike what that is like!!

Ugh! Little is horrendous :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Priscilla Obedient Mutant

Larry fitz in madden 12 stole him in a trade from paully d and he put up silly numbers

My favourite players in madden history are mike Vick for a few years or marshal faulk in 2003

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

etloveslsd wrote: »
    Picked up a HB in the 3rd round of the draft this year and he could also make his way onto this list by the end of the season.

Not after Cleveland finish with him :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Love Revis but all time Plaxico Burress was my favourite player ever. Two reasons, firstly he was the best run blocking WR in the game, better even than most TE. Secondly his trademark play, the endzone fade was almost unstoppable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Larry fitz in madden 12 stole him in a trade from paully d and he put up silly numbers

My favourite players in madden history are mike Vick for a few years or marshal faulk in 2003
    Larry Fitz is my favorite this year, his hand are covered in glue or something, unstoppable, also Peterson is a great returner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Raoul

Berty44 wrote: »
    Love Revis but all time Plaxico Burress was my favourite player ever. Two reasons, firstly he was the best run blocking WR in the game, better even than most TE. Secondly his trademark play, the endzone fade was almost unstoppable.

I hated that. Could never stop it.

I find it hard to pick one favourite player. My Lions team trio were great. The combination of Chris Johnson to get the run game going, then Flacco with the great deep throw accuracy to hit DeSean Jackson on a streak to surprise the D was excellent.

At the moment, I love Darren Sproles. He is so hard to stop anytime he gets on the outside with his speed and elusiveness and he is someone I underused last season until the playoffs when I realised his potential.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Reed Ammons, a second round rookie SS on the PFL, not a superstar but a very consistent player.

Quinston Williams MLB 1st round pick in the PFL.. Awesome!

Hate you!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

In Madden 13 its definitely been Coby Fleener.down through the years i liked Brett Favre, Randy Moss and Micheal Vick

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Von Miller,an absolute beast of a man and my only pro bowler

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Von Miller,an absolute beast of a man and my only pro bowler

On madden pfl I had to play against him when I was the packers. He's a handful ! Luckily in the Irish franchise I run it down teams throats, so his pass rushing ability is neutralized !

Danny Woodhead vs Von miller ! There's only one winner !

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

On madden pfl I had to play against him when I was the packers. He's a handful ! Luckily in the Irish franchise I run it down teams throats, so his pass rushing ability is neutralized !

Danny Woodhead vs Von miller ! There's only one winner !
    Miller will eat him alive!
    O its on! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

MJD since Madden 11 has been a total beast.

I've been mostly using the Jags since Madden 2003, some highlights have been Jimmy Smith, Fred Taylor, and Rashean Mathis has always been rated well and good to use at corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Given I had an almost total roster turnover in my 2 years of Madden 12, it's hard to pick. Probably DeAngelo Bell, the guy I drafted in the third to replace MJD after I felt he wasn't very constructive to the idea of winning the game, and he played very well all through.

In Madden 13, got to be Cam Newton. I love so many of my defenders, especially Chris Gamble, and I also love Steve Smith and Greg Olsen, but Cam's throws are nearly always on the money and his running ability is just so much fun to use. I seem to be the only guy in this league who likes to run with the QB.

matthew8 wrote: »
    Cam's throws are nearly always on the money and his running ability is just so much fun to use. I seem to be the only guy in this league who likes to run with the QB.

You've got one of the more friendly running QB's. I agree tho it's a pain to defend 3 different aspects of an offense ...

Do you run the option ? Or is it a pass play that becomes a run if the defensive coverage is wrong ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Got Ryan Clarke in the PFL, he's a beast, hit's like a LB.

I loved playing with Gonzalez, he was always so reliable. Larry Fitz should also get a mention, he's so hard to bring down and makes some ridiculous catches!

Asante Samuel was very good for me last year, especially when it came to interceptions. It's hard to pick just one player!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

You've got one of the more friendly running QB's. I agree tho it's a pain to defend 3 different aspects of an offense ...

Do you run the option ? Or is it a pass play that becomes a run if the defensive coverage is wrong ?

Don't run the option. Did it a little last year , very much hit or miss (often tackled for loss, but had a few nice big runs. Didn't feel it did anything for me that the normal run couldn't). I just run if no one is open (This year in particular I get sacked more than anyone, around 80% of the sacks are just Cam running for a loss), a decision I make very quickly, and very often when I'm playing the Saints (Whatever Raoul does kills me, but I still managed 4 TDs in our week one game. Get picked off loads against him). Only problem is often the linemen trip me up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

Raoul wrote: »
    I hated that. Could never stop it.

I find it hard to pick one favourite player. My Lions team trio were great. The combination of Chris Johnson to get the run game going, then Flacco with the great deep throw accuracy to hit DeSean Jackson on a streak to surprise the D was excellent.

At the moment, I love Darren Sproles. He is so hard to stop anytime he gets on the outside with his speed and elusiveness and he is someone I underused last season until the playoffs when I realised his potential.

Hmmmm.............

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

Rodgers, Matthews and Sam Shields for his silly amount of INTs last season...

Have strengthened and stabilised my team following the loss of Woodson with Bullit and Arrington. Hillis is what I expected, bigger version of Benson.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Haloti Ngata for me.

I had him playing for the Cowboys in the fantasy franchise last season and he was virtually unstoppable. One flick of the right stick and he was gone from the O-lineman and chasing down the opposing QB.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I'm still going with quinston Williams at MLB, sheet awesomeness. Ammons is good but he has a tendency to get injured

On offence, MJD is still firmly my favourite player to use. Trent Richardson would be next, he's a beast.

On D, both Bernard Pollard and TJ Ward are monsters who hit like a car at full speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

This years Madden its either Joel Dresseen TE or Lamarr Houston DE.

Picked up Dresseen as a FA in my 1st year in the Boards league and he's been a beast for me, good receiver rarely drops a pass and decent run blocker as well. Try to get him ASAP in any other game i play.

Got Houston in the Fantasy league and boy what a defender. Just breezes past blockers to bury the QB and gets his fair share of fumbles as well.
    Started a game as the Raiders and he had the single season sack record on All Pro in 9 games.

In previous Maddens would have to go with either Vonnie Holliday when he was with the Packers, or Colt Brennan in Madden 10 or 11. Loved Brennan because he was the worst rated QB in the game, but he could throw the ball better than some of the other QBs id played with!!

Dreesen is a dream. He can block and will catch almost anything, but he's poorly rated so he costs nothing and is constantly over-looked. I traded my 4th choice CB for him as Ravens coach in the PFL Pro 7 and he was my starting TE, blocking for Rice and so dependable with his catching. In my PFL Xpress Browns team I picked him up in free agency for peanuts and nobody else was interested, he was my backup TE for singleback packages, beast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Apart from Vick in the fantasy league, my other favourite players has to be Fleener, improved him from 79 i think upto 92 in the boards league, also like TY Hilton

Advertisement