Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

App Creation Questions

Options
  • 29-01-2013 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi all,

First time poster in this forum...so be gentle please!

I am currently looking at creating a social network type site (and accompanying mobile app) for an event I am running where attendees can create a profile for themselves, share links to their various other social media accounts and direct message one another. Its a concept pretty much identical to the SXSocial site used at the SXSW festival (http://www.examiner.com/article/sxso...l-media-portal for more info on that if you are unfamiliar with it).

However, I am also looking to add other features to this, namely an integration with Foursquare where attendees could check in at the various exhibitions. Ideally we would like the attendees to do this through our own social networking site without having to go through the Foursquare app (for convenience).

Another feature we would like to include is a DropBox/SugarSync type feature where we could upload various materials/videos etc for attendees to view before the conference and where they could upload their own docs which they feel may be relevant.

We would also like to build in a QR scanner to the app as we intend on placing QR codes at each of the exhibitions to allow people to be linked to relevant websites on each of the exhibitions and download contact details of other attendees to their phones (we intend on placing QR codes on all attendees name tags).

I am not from a technical background and have no experience with creating websites or apps. These are just ideas I have formed based on my knowledge and research of what tools have worked at other conferences.

Therefore, could someone please let me know if the app/website described above could be built and how difficult it would be for someone with the skills and knowledge to create it to make?

Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

You are asking for an awful lot. To even price your requirements is a job in itself that would cost a lot of money.

Come up with something more realistic for phase 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭ChRoMe

I've seen agencies charge €50k for less to be honest, as I said on the dupe thread in the mobile forum. This is €20k absolute minimum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Overflow

ChRoMe wrote: »
    I've seen agencies charge €50k for less to be honest, as I said on the dupe thread in the mobile forum. This is €20k absolute minimum.

I'll do it for 15k :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭ChRoMe

Overflow wrote: »
    I'll do it for 15k :)

He could find someone to do it for 5k I'm sure, all that demonstrates is that you dont know how to price a job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Overflow

ChRoMe wrote: »
    He could find someone to do it for 5k I'm sure, all that demonstrates is that you dont know how to price a job.

Relax...I wasn't serious !

• Advertisement
Advertisement