Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Compression tops where to buy

Options
  • 29-01-2013 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭

I have been running now over 6 months and now want to buy some long sleeved compression tops.Can some point me in the right direction where I can buy decent tops at a decent price,hoping to keep budget around 15 E a top, also how many should I buy(running 4 times a week
    I am used to buying online FYI,cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Keep an eye out for the weekly specials in Aldi and Lidl as they sometimes have these in stock. Price is usually less than a tenner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

I've bought some from Aldi and lidl in the past as well as some Canterbury and Northface ones from Fifty Three Degrees North. The quality of the Canterbury ones are far superior to the rest and worth the extra IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

In my experience the ones from Aldi etc are not really compression tops.

I use Skins and there really is no comparison to the Aldi ones i had.

They last forever and have never given me any problems. But cost about €60

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭PaulieC

'tis true, but the OP set the budget at around 15 euros

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭rasher_m

If you dont have a 6 pack you'd want to go up a size as well. they really do show up every ounce of fat and can be quite restrictive as well when they're tight.

• Advertisement

PaulieC wrote: »
    'tis true, but the OP set the budget at around 15 euros

€15 per top. I have had Skins for about 2 years now running 3 times a week.

I wash them 3 times a week and there is no wear. Just saying that if you want a proper compression top, it can be as cheap as buying multiple tops which are really just "tight fitting tops"

rasher_m wrote: »
    If you dont have a 6 pack you'd want to go up a size as well. they really do show up every ounce of fat and can be quite restrictive as well when they're tight.

The compression tops are supposed to aid muscle performance and recovery. Going up a size just means you are wearing a T Shirt.

The compression tops are supposed to aid muscle performance and recovery. Going up a size just means you are wearing a T Shirt.

Well I felt like I was suffocating in mine and a bit of a telly tubby so it wasnt aiding mine buddy ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭Gringo78

TK Maxx has deals on proper ones every now and then (under armour)

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chriity139

Go to elverys

I have under armour, canterbury and skins compression gear and skins are the best followed by underarmour. I wouldnt get cheap ones as they lack in quality, wont allow your body to breath or wont retain heat or keep you cool.

If you want an idea of price have a look on their website first to see what you think of them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Letyourselfgo

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001UMPTXU/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

I've a few of these and would highly recommend, also bought one in aldi or lidl and it didn't last long. P&P isn't too bad either but there's always parcel motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭MadMardegan

http://www.sportsdirect.com/

Have a look there

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭BenMicheal

I would rec these: http://www.wiggle.co.uk/nike-pro-core-tight-compression-top-twin-pack-aw12/

They may not be long sleeve but they are somewhat cheaper that others and are top TOP quaility.

In terms of size get them tight and wear a race tech tee over them. Firstly, Pointless if they are loose. Secondly, Dont be that Guy/Girl who wears nothing but pure spandex in the Gym/Running (Esp Compression Shorts!!!)!!

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭lway

In my experience the ones from Aldi etc are not really compression tops.

The SC Sports Compression line they have in Aldi or Lidl (can't remember which) are compression tops but the Crivit (?) brand ones are just base layers and good for keeping you warm. The SC ones only come in short sleeve or no sleeve, along with shorts and socks.

Saw a guy rock up to the start ine of a 10 miler last year wearing the SC top, shorts and socks and nothing over them :eek:, got a few funny looks and giggles, don't be that guy :).

lway wrote: »
    The SC Sports Compression line they have in Aldi or Lidl (can't remember which) are compression tops but the Crivit (?) brand ones are just base layers and good for keeping you warm. The SC ones only come in short sleeve or no sleeve, along with shorts and socks.

Saw a guy rock up to the start ine of a 10 miler last year wearing the SC top, shorts and socks and nothing over them :eek:, got a few funny looks and giggles, don't be that guy :).

Well that all depends on what shape he was in :p

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭BenMicheal

rasher_m wrote: »
    Well that all depends on what shape he was in :p

You could look like a mens/womens health cover model and still look stupid in just compresion tops/shorts! Wear a Tee and shorts, trust me!!

Advertisement