Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Half Marathons Meath/Dublin/Wicklow/Louth

Options
  • 29-01-2013 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

What are the best organised and biggest half marathons/10 milers in Feb/March - looking for a race to do in the next couple of months but want to do a race that's worth doing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Oh thats simply - Bohermeen 3rd March

• Registered Users Posts: 22 ordinarysoap

How many to they have running in that usually?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

The new DUNE half marathon (Dunkdalk to Newry) sounds like it could be interesting. Link here. Taking place on the 18th March, and just €25.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭ThePiedPiper

Carlingford half marathon is on the same weekend as Bohermeen, but on the Saturday. Bohermeen is excellent though. Although its slightly outside your geographical area, there's also a half marathon in Mount Juliett on weekend of 16th February.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 ordinarysoap

Thanks for that - ill take a look at them. Heard good things about Bohermeen Half - seems to be well organised despite it being in its infancy

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 478 ✭✭Stella Virgo

you could try this.......
    Event Details:
    Fees Half Marathon - €38 (includes finishers technical T-shirt plus medal)
    10k - €22 (includes finishers technical T-shirt plus medal)
    Additional details
    The Kinvara Rock and Road Half Marathon and 10K Road Race takes place on Saturday 2nd March 2013 in Kinvara, Co. Galway.
    This will be the third running of the event. The race sold out in advance in 2012 so get in early to make sure of your place.

The course will take you past some glorious Burren scenery and is quite flat with a few nice hills : )
    For more details visit the event website at www.rockandroad.ie and join the Facebook page at www.facebook.com/rockandroad.ie.

We are delighted to welcome back our sponsors Saucony, Lucozade, Amphibian King and DIY Pursuits again this year. Galway Bay FM will also be there again on the day.

http://www.runireland.com/active/enter-online

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Omarscoming

Where is Bohermeen?

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭NiallG4

Where is Bohermeen?

That is a blow for anyone from Bohermeen. It is a few miles outside Navan. Google Maps includes it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Omarscoming

NiallG4 wrote: »
    That is a blow for anyone from Bohermeen. It is a few miles outside Navan. Google Maps includes it.
    Up the N3, suppose thats not too far.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Jimh

I have to say a big thanks to the 1:45 pacers at the Meath Spring Marathon - I stayed with them till the last big hill (little hill) then fell about 50 metres behind them but they came back for me and dragged me over the line as last of their Group in 1:44:58. I just need a bit of a recovery now ( Double big thanks to the pacers)

• Advertisement
Advertisement