Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registering a pup with IKC

• 29-01-2013 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭

HI,

I couldn't find a definitive answer in previous threads on this.

If a pup is being sold as un-registered by a breader how easy is it to then register her for a buyer?

My understanding was that you complete a form 1 and register the pup with IKC using the numbers of the dam & sire.

Also been told that the litter would have had to be registered by the breeder and then forms signed and transferred over to buyer.

Can someone clarify this for me?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

The only person who can register the pup is the breeder.

You should be more concerned as to why the pup is being sold un registered, its usually not a good thing and id stay well clear of this person!!

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Trend Setter in Training

andreac wrote: »
    The only person who can register the pup is the breeder.

Thanks andreac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

You should be more concerned as to why the pup is being sold un registered, its usually not a good thing and id stay well clear of this person!!

+1 buy in haste, repent in stress and worry!

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Trend Setter in Training

To be clear, haven't bought at this stage.

Just enquiring to get it cleared as have heard conflicting stories.

Agree re the concerns of the motivations of a breeder not to register a litter.

Thanks again for the clarification.

• Advertisement

If a sold called breeder is telling you that you can register the pup then its lies. I wouldnt touch a breeder who has pups that are unregistered as they are more than likely dodgy.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Wizard01

To be clear, haven't bought at this stage.

Just enquiring to get it cleared as have heard conflicting stories.

Agree re the concerns of the motivations of a breeder not to register a litter.

Thanks again for the clarification.

They are usually sold as unreg for a few reasons,

the mother isn't old enough, under 18 months.

The mother is only allowed to have 1 litter registered a year, this could be her second

The mother is an older dog over the age of 6 yrs ( I think thats the age)so pups can't be reg.

Mother and/or father are not reg.

I think that s all but if not someone else can add other reasons in.

Hope this helps.

Advertisement