Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog has small lump on her head.

• 29-01-2013 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I have my dog booked in to see the vet tomorrow, but hoping someone could put my mind at ease in the mean time. Libby my Cocker Spaniel has a fleshy lump on her head near her ear. It is probably about 5mm in diameter and raised about 2-3mm. It is pale in colour, no scab or bite mark that I can see. To my shame, I did notice it a few weeks ago just before Christmas, but I sort of discounted it at the time and forgot about it over Christmas. I was petting her last night and I think it’s got a bit bigger in the few weeks. I am now terrified that it could be a tumour and that I’ve massively screwed up by ignoring it until now. I have no idea what a tumour looks like, or could it be a cist?

Really hoping someone can help me, but to re-iterate, I’ve her booked in to the vet for tomorrow afternoon, which was the earliest I could get an appointment.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

No one here can tell what it could be. Best to wait until you see the vet. It could be anything...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

A lot of dogs can commonly have these kind of fleshy lumps or benign tumours. Our cocker had one on her head and our collie before that had a few in her body.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

A lot of dogs can commonly have these kind of fleshy lumps or benign tumours. Our cocker had one on her head and our collie before that had a few in her body.
    Thanks Lil' Smiler, I've had a google of cysts and tumours and I would have to say, what she has looks more like the cysts so I am praying that's all it is. Did your dog have them removed or do they just leave them?

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭carleigh

Our Cocker also had a couple of these on his chest, and thankfully they turned out to be little cysts. The vet said the get them in their old age and there was not need to remove them, just kept an eye on them and when he was getting groomed we notified the dog groomer. Fingers crossed your dog gets the all clear.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

OP, I appreciate that you're worried about your dog, but this is not an appropriate place to come looking for advice.
    Your vet will advise in due course.
    Thread closed.
    Thanks,
    DBB

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement