Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Don't understand compensation!

Options
  • 29-01-2013 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

I got an E in my elective. I have a GPA of 3+, how do I apply for 'Pass by Compensation??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭rosualt

You don't have to do anything. If you have a GPA of over 2.0 at the end of the year (which presumably you will, seeing as you're over 3 now) and have passed 75% of the modules for the stage you can automatically pass up to three modules by compensation. You can drop the resit you've been registered to if you're sure you're GPA won't go below 2.0, otherwise you can do the resit to cover yourself if it does.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Gillybally

rosualt wrote: »
    You don't have to do anything. If you have a GPA of over 2.0 at the end of the year (which presumably you will, seeing as you're over 3 now) and have passed 75% of the modules for the stage you can automatically pass up to three modules by compensation. You can drop the resit you've been registered to if you're sure you're GPA won't go below 2.0, otherwise you can do the resit to cover yourself if it does.

Thank you. So I just do nothing now???

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭rosualt

Yeah that's all I'm doing anyway!
    Drop the module before registration closes if you don't plan on doing it though, otherwise you'll be charged

Advertisement