Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tree Tattoo - studio suggestions?

Options
  • 29-01-2013 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

I'm looking to get my first (and only!) tattoo done and not many of my friends are into tattoos, so I'm turning to the internet for advice.

I have my own design in mind. It's a tree in winter with a flock of birds flying out of it. It's going to be in black and grey and the tree is quite detailed, delicate and feminine.

I've been looking at different studios online, but am still undecided. Can anyone suggest where might be good for a tattoo like this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Ah we all say first and only then you get one and your hooked ;), the tattoo itself will have to be quite large going by what you described if you want to get all the detail in.

As for artists and studios to recommend were about's are you located? Are you willing to travel?

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

Oh gosh sorry, I forgot that little detail. I am in Dublin. Travelling might not be a possibility for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

My first thought for that would be Joe Myler. But he's in Waterford so might not be any use to you.

I can't think of anyone in Dublin I'd specifically recommend for that but I'd recommend Skin City or Colourworks as really good studios.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Haha Hacked, you will get addicted. Trust me. I thought I would only be getting one, I got 6 in 15 months (back when I had money) dying for another now.

There was a guy in Stephen's green shopping centre that was excellent, but he has left for his own place in Tallaght now. He did a few of Shane's, all of which were intricate and well done, that may be a bit out for you. Also the better the place and the intricacy of the design, often the more you pay and the more painful it is. Research well, because it doesn't come out like a piercing, but sure you know that :)

My initial first thought for this piece was Cris Gherman, think this could be right up his alley.

• Advertisement

Has he not left the country? Also I must get him on my facebook, his work is very nice.

Orim wrote: »
    Has he not left the country? Also I must get him on my facebook, his work is very nice.

No hes leaving in March so still some time to get work done by him before he leaves to join Paul Booth in New York.

Yeh should get him on Facebook some of his work is brilliant, Im also say Joe Myler but as you said hes in Waterford and op doesn't seem to want to travel.

Sorry for the double post, just thinking on this one and browsing portfolios also take a look at Kris Barnas has some tattoos similar to what you want in his portfolio.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

Thanks so much for all the replies! Travelling is a possibility, but commitments have me fairly tied down to Dublin at the moment. Cris Ghermans portfolio is incredible.

On more recommendation for you to check :o, Remis Cizauskas incredible artist he has nothing like you want in his portfolio that I can see but im sure he could do it easily. He has a long waiting list though.

• Advertisement

I always associate Remis with portraits but agreed that he is incredible artist. I remember seeing an amazing underwater/coral. I'd link it but work.

Yeh he is best known for his portraits but works like this show he really can do anything imo

197028_506749966016952_1400007633_n.jpg

578113_405937152764901_1194862830_n.jpg

The coral reef ;)

418336_381082711917012_1275016968_n.jpg

185586_253621281329823_3207745_n.jpg

197899_204173796274572_5029253_n.jpg

More coral reef :)

182821_192379170787368_922104_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

I just had a look at Cris Ghermans portfolio and I don't see what the big deal is. I'm not trying to sound intentionally offensive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Dermighty wrote: »
    I just had a look at Cris Ghermans portfolio and I don't see what the big deal is. I'm not trying to sound intentionally offensive!

Take a closer look. :pac: His work is MUCH more detailed and intricate than many, many of the artists in Ireland can manage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Brian in Stephen's Green Wildcat did an excellent tree on a girl's back there recently.

Advertisement