Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beer Machine

Options
  • 29-01-2013 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭

Anyone seen this yolk?

No interest myself but just came across it.Was intrigued by the ie domain.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

The beer it makes is passable, but it's not a substitute for proper homebrew. For one thing, what happens when the the refills are no longer available?

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭sharingan

Very expensive refills.

€20 each for 2.6 gallons of beer.

Anyone who tries and gets into homebrewing will most likely tire of it, making it a fairly expensive short lived investment. The fact that you cannot use regular kits easily is a problem - the hop profile of regular kits would be wrong in most cases, and your best bet would be to get double can kits.

Really I think they are cashing in on the perceived effort and presumed error-prone nature of home brewing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭eurofoxy

i suppose you could use it for small brews, but its a bit on the expensive side if its trying to compete with other plastic keg systems..

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I doubt the product is pitched at people buying it for themselves. It's a one-box gift for that hard-to-buy-for male in your life.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I'm that hard to buy for male type. If someone gave me that I would thank them and then it would spend the rest of its life in perpetual re-gifting purgatory.

• Advertisement
Advertisement