Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Movpower 5200mAh Battery Pack €16.06 delivered

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Hmmm... I wonder if it could be a portable power supply for a Raspberry Pi...

Edit: Yep... 8 hours with wifi active ! RPI verififed periperals

Damn it... they've pulled it before I got to the checkout....

"Unfortunately this item is no longer available in this region."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 291 ✭✭Popple3

I wonder did it sell out, or was it a pricing error. Hope mine still ships anyway.

Must've been a pricing error

the manufactuers link quotes them at $32.80 with a minimum order quantity of 30...

http://www.sino-ele.com/christmas-gift-mobile-power-bank-p-14.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 291 ✭✭Popple3

Must've been a pricing error

the manufactuers link quotes them at $32.80 with a minimum order quantity of 30...

http://www.sino-ele.com/christmas-gift-mobile-power-bank-p-14.html

Yeah, it did seem too good to be true.

Mine shipped just now though, so they are honouring orders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

They tweeted a link to the .com site for £8.99 this morning, reduced from 33.99.

Mine has been dispatched too, might have it tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 332 ✭✭KathleenF

Available on UK eBay site, I sent it to a friend of mine in the UK, but might be possible to parcel motel it?

Link - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Movpower-5200-Universal-USB-Power-And-Charger-Pack-/190791413103?pt=UK_MobilePhones_MobilePhoneAccessories_MobilePhoneChargers&hash=item2c6c0ded6f

I've decided to take a chance on a cheap chinese 12,000mAh "power bank" on eBay for €12.36 delivered.

Warning : Free delivery from China generally means a 6-7 WEEK wait...

eBay 12000mAh USB Power Bank

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭madmoe

I've decided to take a chance on a cheap chinese 12,000mAh "power bank" on eBay for €12.36 delivered.

Let us know if the wait is worth it mate!

Cheers,
    M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Generally means derate any quoted spec by 50% too :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

I believe mine has just been delivered, not bad delivery for a couple of euro!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

just as an FYI for anyone hoping to use parcel motel with expansys, unless you can provide documentary proof (bills etc.) that you actually live at your parcel motel address, they won't deliver there.

unfortunately, i found out too late and the net result was that after my order was put on hold and i was repeatedly fobbed off by low level phone monkeys i eventually got to speak to a manager and spent quite a while attempting to explain the whole concept of parcel motel to her, she promised to have their finance department 'look into it' and find out why they hadn't sent on my order nd sort out the problem, their response was to cancel the order entirely (against my specific instructions not to) and process a refund of the money to my credit card as there wasn't enough left on the card to do so and by the time the refund was credited back to the card it was too late to re-order anywhere else in time for xmas. :(

when i tried to contact them about it after that, rather than offer me something for the utter clusterfock that was their customer service experience, their tactic was to just ignore my emails entirely from there on in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 332 ✭✭KathleenF

http://www.expansys.ie/bluechip-portable-charger-2200-mah-202776/

Might be of interest to those who missed out on the 5200.

Advertisement