Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Erasmus and Coop

Options
  • 29-01-2013 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

I am in first year Business and would like to study abroad through Erasmus. Has anybody any experience of this. I will be going on Coop in 3rd year so is it next year - 2nd year i would be doing it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Im in 3rd year business. Most people do it in 2nd year but there is the option of doing it in 3rd year-the semester before coop and be gone for the full year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

I did it in the first semester of 2nd year with a few friends to Austria, Also studied business, was a good idea doing it that semester as you start your majors in the 2nd semester of 2nd year and it wouldnt of been good to of missed that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 A94

I am in first year business and would like to go on study abroad to America.I would like to know if anybody who has gone to America on study abroad,what was it like? and would you recommend it?.Also when to apply?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

I strongly recommend you do it in first semester of Second year. Firstly, you start your major modules in the second semester, and since it's the first moment you really dig your heals into your major, you need this semester to get to grips with your choice (I can only speak for marketing, not really sure if other majors can claim the same). And secondly, it'll mean that you miss the statistic module EVERY BUSINESS STUDENT LOVES!!!!

As far as I'm aware, you can't go on Erasmus in your final year, and I generally wouldn't advise studying abroad the semester before you depart on co-op...

Advertisement