Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Variable Speed Drive

Options
  • 29-01-2013 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭

Hi, has anyone installed/bought one?

I'm looking for a 7.5kW VSD, I got a quote of €1100 just for the VSD from a Dublin company. Is there a site which is cheaper which is recommended?

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Can't help you much, I bought an ABB 11kW VSD for about twice that (inc. VAT) recently.
    ABB are pretty much top of the range though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

2011 wrote: »
    Can't help you much, I bought an ABB 11kW VSD for about twice that (inc. VAT) recently.
    ABB are pretty much top of the range though.

I should have said that quote was ex VAT

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭crasy dash

I think there is only one suplier of abb vsd's in ireland everyone kinda buys off them and makes a mark up selling them on

Im in work in the morning i will ask our store manager about the price of it he will tell me what you should expect to pay and where to go if you can wait he has contacts in england germany etc might be some help to you

About 4 months ago had a breakdown needed a 5.5kw in a hurry think local contractor charged bones of 700 for it ex vat

Have you ever used danfoss vsd's? use them as well find them quite handy to work with

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭liveandnetural

i have used a good few of there smaller ones 1.5 to 7kw......for the money they are fantastic
    http://www.clarkerewinds.ie/ac_var.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Dufftronic

Danfoss, Lenze, Siemens... there really are loads of choices. Lenze are the best as far as i'm concerned but probably the priciest

• Advertisement
Advertisement